The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Music 2014/2015 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Finally remembered my TSR password so...

1. Favourite set work.
Electric Counterpoint - Steve Reich

2. Least favourite set work.
All of them have kinda grown on me but I would not listen to Peripetie voluntarily.

3. Most confident set work.
Mozart's Symphony no. 40.

4. Least confident set work.
A tie between Moby and Capercailie because they were the last set works that we learned

5. How's your coursework coming along?
At first the compositions were terrible but after many evenings of fixing I think they have a good chance

6. What did you get in your mock?
I got a high A (2% off an A*, I think) because the mock was based off the 2015 listening paper. I'm hoping that my compositions and performances will boost me up in the real thing!

7. Do you like GCSE music?
I really like the set works but I don't like the way they are tested in the exams :frown:

8. Are you doing A level Music?
Nooooope. Doing French, German, English Literature and Psychology.
Does anyone have any notes on the background to all the set works that you need for the first 2 marks of the section B? Would be really useful :smile:
For the written essay do they always give you a choice of one from area of study 1/2 and one from area of study 3/4. So would it work if i were just to learn sos 1 and 2 essays?
I love composing btw.

Also, i made a mistake and i'm taking A Level Music in September!

I got 54/60 for my performance exam, and 55/60 for composition.

I'm on track to get a B, but i reallyyyyyyyy want an A!
. Favourite set work.
Chopin

2. Least favourite set work.
Rag Desh

3. Most confident set work.
Grace

4. Least confident set work.
Yiri

5. How's your coursework coming along?
Good (60/60 composition and 57/60 for performance)

6. What did you get in your mock?
B but hopefully my coursework will boost it to an A

7. Do you like GCSE music?
NOOOOO

8. Are you doing A level Music?
No.
bless your soul thank you
Original post by MrVirtuoso
So is anyone just revising the first six/second six pieces for the essay question, or are you revising them all? It seems like they give you an option of a piece from Area of Study 1/2 and one from Area of Study 3/4 in past papers, but it doesn't explicitly say this in the Spec.

They always give two essay questions - One from AOS1/2 and one from AOS3/4. I have a feeling that the essay questions may be Mozart and Grace but I would AT LEAST revise the first 6 songs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending