How much will DSA spend on my laptop

Watch
Josh567
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey, so I suffer from Dyspraxia and Dysgraphia and have been recommended a laptop by my DSA Assessor, I would quite like to use the "upgrade" option, and get a decent laptop. I was wondering what sort of price range will they spend on the laptop, and I can then work out if it is necessary and worth upgrading. For my direct course a fancy laptop isn't necessary, however I would like to do some extra modules in Computing and an investment may come in useful.

Thanks if you can help!
balotelli12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your DSA assessment will detail the spec of the recommended laptop.
acrafty1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, I have recently received my DSA equipment and the laptop I got was around £400 plus extra for dyslexia software inc. Dragon etc I could have paid extra but found the laptop chosen was just right for me, so in the end I didn't bother - you also get insurance and additional support. My advice would be to wait for your report to come through and see what has been recommended. The DSA team will get you the best item for your disability and they are not concerned with price, that part is down to Student finance that will pay it.
ununpentium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I opted for a computer rather than a laptop and if I remember correctly my computer cost about £800, and with the other equipment I got the total value was around £1000. My computer is perfect for my needs but I don't think I ever got the option to upgrade. My computer was provided through Barry Bennett a company that the DSA people use and they delivered my computer and other equipment and set it all up for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads