?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is anyone else taking Astronomy GCSE?
orporman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, I don't think it's really a very widespread GCSE with too many schools that offer a course in it. I'd sort of like to, but I think there are more useful GCSE's that open up more doors than astronomy. have fun with it though!
1235mine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah Im taking it and my astronomy teacher said there is around 5,000 students across England and Wales.Its a really interesting course and the syllabus is quite challenging but if you work really hard at it you will be fine.The coursework is quite long and dragged out IN MY OPINION but its really rewarding and it will look good as a future credential.My exam is in two months and im aiming for an A so im currently revising crazy amounts.
Ed Jeffrey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks guys, sorry I have replied late it's just I'm new on this website. You're lucky with your teacher, mine seems to be really unorganised and I am starting to worry if I will actually do the exam or not. (In perspective I haven't even done the coursework, which is annoying because I want to go into a career with Astronomy). 1235mine, I know you are going to do well in the exam, you have dedication!
easyaspirsquared
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got put through for an early entry astronomy gcse in year 8, in hindsight I don't know why we did it when we were 12/13 Hahha but it was a really fun gcse in my opinion I only got put through because I went to the astronomy club not because I'm clever or anything, but I worked my socks off an scrapped an A grade which I was and am still really happy with! And yes you're right, very few people do it for some reason. I can't remember whether or not it was really difficult, or I just found it hard as I was 13 at the time, but if you revise hard, there is no reason why you can't succeed!
worlprizewinner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks like we re on the same boat.
Im doing a 3 month crash course.thsi year
we finished the syllabus and to be honest its pretty fun 2 learn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads