Parents problem Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone
Thank you for reading this,i would honestly appreciate your advice.
My parents have been divorced for many years and each one has their own problems.Thing is,i try to make them as happy and proud as possible but i can't.I try my best to not let them down,to make them feel that something is worth it but i cannot.They are both really strong people but as i gradually realise they're not all powerful as i was thinking of them to be when i was a child.They have many many problems and frustrations and no matter what,i can't make them happy.If only the circumstances were a bit different they would be happy.I feel guilty because i can have fun and i'm young but why?What have i done to deserve all this fun?How can i live properly when i know both of my parents are miserable?I don't know what else to do,i'm stuck.I want to make them as happy and smiley as i can but it never happens.When 'm happy,their situations haunt me and i regret,instead of living my life i should help them.Could you please please help me?I'm in despair.
Thank you very much for reading this.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I actually relate, my parents are still together but they argue all the time and i can tell they only stay together for me and my sisters. and at first i always saw them as a perfect couple but they have secrets and hide things to keep us happy. what i do is try to help out- do more chores and do everything they ask. i don't think you can make them happy but you could try to make things easier? good luck.
Xenobee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello everyone
Thank you for reading this,i would honestly appreciate your advice.
My parents have been divorced for many years and each one has their own problems.Thing is,i try to make them as happy and proud as possible but i can't.I try my best to not let them down,to make them feel that something is worth it but i cannot.They are both really strong people but as i gradually realise they're not all powerful as i was thinking of them to be when i was a child.They have many many problems and frustrations and no matter what,i can't make them happy.If only the circumstances were a bit different they would be happy.I feel guilty because i can have fun and i'm young but why?What have i done to deserve all this fun?How can i live properly when i know both of my parents are miserable?I don't know what else to do,i'm stuck.I want to make them as happy and smiley as i can but it never happens.When 'm happy,their situations haunt me and i regret,instead of living my life i should help them.Could you please please help me?I'm in despair.
Thank you very much for reading this.
I know how you feel, my parents have been split up since i was seven and for years i struggled trying to make them both happy, and it was making me miserable. First off, it isn't your fault they're miserable. Don't make yourself feel guilty because you know they're not happy and you're having fun, because I'm sure they wouldn't want that.

I know you wan't to make them happy and everything but sometimes its not possible, and it sucks seeing the people you love the most being so sad and down, but different people deal with things in different ways. Perhaps they're recovering by themselves, or maybe they can see how hard you're trying but it isn't working and so they don't feel great because of it.

I suggest stop trying to make them happy, but I understand its hard to stop, so why don't you try asking them what would make them happy, maybe try and scrape some money together and take them for a meal (individually i would suggest unless they get on really well) If you feel like you need someone to talk to I'm always available, just PM me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.22%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.45%
No, I chose not to (145)
29.06%