The Student Room Group

I honestly cannot make friends I need help

Ok so I don't really talk to anyone in sixth form
Well I do butthe thing is when I make friends it is ok but then they start to get really mean towards me an cal me weird if I smile or especially when I make jokes and they always against whatever I say

So that's I consider it as me not having friends because i'm really unhappy my ""friends"are 2faced and i'm planning on not speaking to them anymore once I start university this year. I barely speak now oreeven hang with them out side of colleg

So because of my situation and how down I feel... I can't remember how I am around new people and from the bottom of my heart I don't know how to be

So how should I act like say when I meet new people (planning to do this an open day thing)..when I go uni I will meet new people and would like to be friends
But I have no idea what to say!!

I honestly can't have a conversation anymore because I over think things
So please how should I behave to not be annoyi
How can I interact.. I am quiet shy at first so idk how to spark conversations

Usually outgoing people have loads of friends so I can't pretend to be loud because i'm just a loner

Please respond
Reply 1
I'm a girl BTW
Are you an introvert? If so, I can empathise. I don't think you're the problem, people are. Most people suck, its as simple as that. They don't even give others they see as less socially skilled a chance. There's no easy way to go about making real friends, especially for an introvert. Guess one just has to hope to get lucky
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Hmm but I am nice person and I like to doasociable things. Just have noone to do with.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I don't really talk to anyone in sixth form
Well I do butthe thing is when I make friends it is ok but then they start to get really mean towards me an cal me weird if I smile or especially when I make jokes and they always against whatever I say

So that's I consider it as me not having friends because i'm really unhappy my ""friends"are 2faced and i'm planning on not speaking to them anymore once I start university this year. I barely speak now oreeven hang with them out side of colleg

So because of my situation and how down I feel... I can't remember how I am around new people and from the bottom of my heart I don't know how to be

So how should I act like say when I meet new people (planning to do this an open day thing)..when I go uni I will meet new people and would like to be friends
But I have no idea what to say!!

I honestly can't have a conversation anymore because I over think things
So please how should I behave to not be annoyi
How can I interact.. I am quiet shy at first so idk how to spark conversations

Usually outgoing people have loads of friends so I can't pretend to be loud because i'm just a loner

Please respond
have you been like this all your life?
i personally have myself mainly due to social anxiety

trying to find someone who i can relate to :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
No but I know when it started which I don't want to say why or when
But let's just say I used to be very loud outgoing and bubbly

Now i'm a quiet outgoing and bubbl with people I gotten to know
I am quiet young but my loud days were long time ago

I like being light hearted and friendly
But I honestly don't kNow how to socialize anymore

I'm sorry this is you too
Maybe I have anxiety too idk.. I can be comfortable that's why I never out myself in this category
I'm quite quiet when I meet people too :smile: I think all you need to do is be yourself, keep smiling, keep laughing and keep telling jokes and you'll definitely make friends because you sound lovely to me :smile:
Reply 7
That's the point
my life has come to the point where idk what to do and if I do something it might be irrat irrational

I can't be natural because I don't have a personality anymore

I would just like someone to help me out
You know
Nothing we can do lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I think people can help

If they want to

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending