Internationals: Life in the UK

Watch
CECIGD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm wondering how International people like life in the UK, being Spanish myself.

What do you do for fun? During the week or in the weekend?

What's a good party like in the UK? I love parties but I'm not a drinker, will that be an issue?

What nationalities are your friends: your own or from other places?

Thank you!!
C
marcellius
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is interesting, i really would love to see the replies!

and im the same, not a drinker, not a smoker but love to party
UK_Menna
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CECIGD)
I'm wondering how International people like life in the UK, being Spanish myself.

What do you do for fun? During the week or in the weekend?

What's a good party like in the UK? I love parties but I'm not a drinker, will that be an issue?

What nationalities are your friends: your own or from other places?

Thank you!!
C
Hey dude, what's up?

I'm from the UK -Cardiff to be specific which is in Wales. http://www.visitcardiff.com/

What do you do for fun?
The easiest way to answer this question is to give you a quick run down on what myself, my friends and people I know do. I'm gonna go ahead and list it because it will save a hella lot of reading.
- Clubbing
- Cinema (movie theatre)
- Ice Skating
- Shopping
- Grab Coffee
- Go for walks/hikes
- Go to the gym (not necessarily really popular but myself and my friends enjoy it!)
- Day Trips
- Go to the beach (only when it's sunny otherwise you'll have to wrap up real warm)
- Have movie nights

In all honesty I think it's pretty similar worldwide but maybe not, I'm just telling you what I'd wanna know.

During the week or weekend?
Whenever the hell you and your friends feel like it

What's a good party like in the UK?
When yourself and your friends can get together, have lots of fun, do and experience crazy things and soak up each others awesomeness.

Will an alcohol-less life be an issue?
It depends who you associate yourself with. I personally drink and so do 90% of my friends, some of them rarely ever and some of them all the time. I don't have a problem at all going out with people who don't drink but I tend to prefer to party with a drinker if I'm planning on getting drunk.

What nationality are my friends?
Sure, they're mainly from the UK but I've got friends who live here from allll of the globe.

Hope I've helped!
CECIGD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by UK_Menna)
Hey dude, what's up?

I'm from the UK -Cardiff to be specific which is in Wales. http://www.visitcardiff.com/

What do you do for fun?
The easiest way to answer this question is to give you a quick run down on what myself, my friends and people I know do. I'm gonna go ahead and list it because it will save a hella lot of reading.
- Clubbing
- Cinema (movie theatre)
- Ice Skating
- Shopping
- Grab Coffee
- Go for walks/hikes
- Go to the gym (not necessarily really popular but myself and my friends enjoy it!)
- Day Trips
- Go to the beach (only when it's sunny otherwise you'll have to wrap up real warm)
- Have movie nights

In all honesty I think it's pretty similar worldwide but maybe not, I'm just telling you what I'd wanna know.

During the week or weekend?
Whenever the hell you and your friends feel like it

What's a good party like in the UK?
When yourself and your friends can get together, have lots of fun, do and experience crazy things and soak up each others awesomeness.

Will an alcohol-less life be an issue?
It depends who you associate yourself with. I personally drink and so do 90% of my friends, some of them rarely ever and some of them all the time. I don't have a problem at all going out with people who don't drink but I tend to prefer to party with a drinker if I'm planning on getting drunk.

What nationality are my friends?
Sure, they're mainly from the UK but I've got friends who live here from allll of the globe.

Hope I've helped!
Absolutely, you've helped a lot! That all sounds like stuff I'd really enjoy doing Thank you so muchhh!
UK_Menna
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CECIGD)
Absolutely, you've helped a lot! That all sounds like stuff I'd really enjoy doing Thank you so muchhh!
No worries hun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads