(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by skd1996
I have received offers from:

Exeter - BSc Geography
St Andrews - MA Geography
Sussex - Unconditional Geography w/ International Relations
Royal Holloway - Geography w/ International Relations

I am really unsure where to go. Although St Andrews is a very good university, I live near Brighton- so it is as far south as you can go away from St Andrews. And Exeter is also quite far away, so I am unsure whether to go here.

I have had my heart set on Royal Holloway for the past few years, but I recently got an unconditional offer from Sussex (including a scholarship) which is making me consider this?

What would you pick in this situation?

I would look at the courses first, do you or don't you want to do International Relations? Once you've decided that should help you narrow things down. If you want any advice about what you study in IR feel free to ask me. I would then look at finer course details- no good choosing somewhere nearer to home if you don't like the course, same with choosing Sussex just because of the scholarship. Then practicalities like facilities and distance.
Original post by skd1996
I have received offers from:

Exeter - BSc Geography
St Andrews - MA Geography
Sussex - Unconditional Geography w/ International Relations
Royal Holloway - Geography w/ International Relations

I am really unsure where to go. Although St Andrews is a very good university, I live near Brighton- so it is as far south as you can go away from St Andrews. And Exeter is also quite far away, so I am unsure whether to go here.

I have had my heart set on Royal Holloway for the past few years, but I recently got an unconditional offer from Sussex (including a scholarship) which is making me consider this?

What would you pick in this situation?

If you have had your heart set on RH, you should go for it. Why not put Sussex as your insurance? That way you know for sure you have that to fall back on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go back to basics. Re-read all the course descriptions and think carefully about what you would be studying every day for 3 or 4 years. Look at all the optional units available - which ones would you choose on each course, and why?

Don't be flattered by the Unconditional from Sussex - many Unis are experimenting with using this as an incentive to fill certain courses, and it doesn't mean of course that you will enjoy that course or that Uni any more than any other.

Lots of useful advive about choosing Firm & Insurance here ......
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

Quick Reply

Latest