Vinson & Elkins VS interview

Watch this thread
iwantatc
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi

I've got an interview for a vac scheme at V&E coming up, just wondering if anyone who has taken part in one can offer any tips as to what to expect? I've just been told it's about 30 minutes long and I have to give a 5 minute presentation at the start. Advice from someone who has been there would be very much appreciated!
iwantatc
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Anyone?
SAWH
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by iwantatc)
Hi

I've got an interview for a vac scheme at V&E coming up, just wondering if anyone who has taken part in one can offer any tips as to what to expect? I've just been told it's about 30 minutes long and I have to give a 5 minute presentation at the start. Advice from someone who has been there would be very much appreciated!
How was the interview? Have you heard back yet? I have an interview coming up this week...
iwantatc
Rep:
(Original post by SAWH)
How was the interview? Have you heard back yet? I have an interview coming up this week...
I haven't actually had it yet, not sure what to expect in terms of questions there's very little information on it online!
SAWH
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by iwantatc)
I haven't actually had it yet, not sure what to expect in terms of questions there's very little information on it online!
Good luck!
rclarke939
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi!
Did you get the VS in the end?
Just finished mine there and it was AMAZING.
thalz
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi! I have an interview with V & E for VS and was wondering whether you could give me any advice on what to expect especially on the 5 min presentation that I have to give. I would really appreciate any help thank you!
rclarke939
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi!
If it's the same as last year then you get a case study and then a presentation on what your thoughts were for that. Pretty standard really for law firms and relatively straightforward.
Good luck! Everyone is really lovely there though.
g8ners
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hello! I have a vac scheme interview coming up and was just wondering if it was mainly about the case study or were there competency based questions as well? Also did they pick apart CV/ask you about random story in economy?

Also, does anyone know how many people get interviewed per places on the vac scheme?
rclarke939
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Can't remember what they asked sorry, it was nearly a year ago. Was brief and focused on me, what I enjoyed at university and my extra -curriculars. I asked them a lot about how certain current affairs would affect them and that seemed impressed.

Two VS per week for about two months in the summer but no idea how many interviewed for a VS.
thalz
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rclarke939)
Can't remember what they asked sorry, it was nearly a year ago. Was brief and focused on me, what I enjoyed at university and my extra -curriculars. I asked them a lot about how certain current affairs would affect them and that seemed impressed.

Two VS per week for about two months in the summer but no idea how many interviewed for a VS.

Hey thank you so much for responding. Is there anything that you can possibly remember from last year? And about the presentation was it something that required previous knowledge do you remember what you had to come up with? Its my first ever interview and I am really stressing out here so any advice will be appreciated
rclarke939
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thalz)
Hey thank you so much for responding. Is there anything that you can possibly remember from last year? And about the presentation was it something that required previous knowledge do you remember what you had to come up with? Its my first ever interview and I am really stressing out here so any advice will be appreciated
Sorry but I really don't think it fair on everyone to give you more than I've said.

I understand you're nervous about it but it's really not too dreadful and they are lovely (Even when they didn't give me a TC after the VS, so they must be!).

They will talk you through what you have to do. Just make sure you sound keen, smile and it'll be over before you know it.
I wish you luck.
thalz
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rclarke939)
Sorry but I really don't think it fair on everyone to give you more than I've said.

I understand you're nervous about it but it's really not too dreadful and they are lovely (Even when they didn't give me a TC after the VS, so they must be!).

They will talk you through what you have to do. Just make sure you sound keen, smile and it'll be over before you know it.
I wish you luck.

Well to be fair this is not a private conversation so your answer can be read by everyone and anyone who is interested enough to search for information. But anyway, I understand. Thank you.
mrile27
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hey thalz ! How did your interview end up going? Any information would be extremely helpful! Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (73)
67.59%
No (26)
24.07%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.33%

Watched Threads