Using mathematics , science and philosophy to prove god exists.... Watch

khasud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The mysteries of infinity, the concept of the number zero (0) , the mind boggling idea of "nothing" , which cannot be described by zero! and the spotless,perfect design which can be seen in the universe,
Quran surah 45 verse 3 "Surely in the heavens and the earth there are signs for the true believers."

clearly people I do not have the proof for GOD , the title of the thread is designed to get people looking and thinking
ssingh9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's not a proof of any kind.
Red Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol
Jam'
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because obviously that proves god exists. Further, it clearly demonstrates he's allah.

And because you're clearly not very smart - that was sarcasm.
khasud
Rep:
?
(Original post by ssingh9)
That's not a proof of any kind.
its made to get you to think though, to ponder, we are intelligent beings and we need to think about these big questions, how can something come from nothing, what is forever.. etc... I take it you are maybe a sikh from your user name, if not I do apologise, surely you believe in this if you are to believe in the divine, GOD would not have placed us here without giving us abundant proofs of his being
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If all it took was one garbled sentence to prove a god existed, preschoolers would have discovered the Higgs boson 100,000 years ago.
khasud
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jam')
Because obviously that proves god exists. Further, it clearly demonstrates he's allah.

And because you're clearly not very smart - that was sarcasm.
well if you were smart you would realise you cannot proove anything in reality, a man once wrote 300 pages on why 1+1=2 , and before he even published his work another man had already written an article on why he was wrong, of course the true proof is in your heart. Its like this.... the existence of the universe is impossible... the concept of existence is unfathomable but yet ... we are here ...
khasud
Rep:
?
(Original post by CJKay)
If all it took was one garbled sentence to prove a god existed, preschoolers would have discovered the Higgs boson 100,000 years ago.
ive edited my original post, the title is made to draw people in, I just want to start a real discussion here which involves philosophy and science , I cannot Make you belive GOD exists but these are things we all must ponder..
ssingh9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by khasud)
its made to get you to think though, to ponder, we are intelligent beings and we need to think about these big questions, how can something come from nothing, what is forever.. etc... I take it you are maybe a sikh from your user name, if not I do apologise, surely you believe in this if you are to believe in the divine, GOD would not have placed us here without giving us abundant proofs of his being
I agree with some elements of your argument. Yes, it has always been a major and important part of human philosophy and history to consider our origin and the nature of the universe.

However, simply saying "zero exists" and "the mysteries of infinity" doesn't actually prove the existence of an omnipotent, all-seeing deity. In addition, 'spotless, perfect design' could not be more wrong, and is I suspect based on the anthropic principle.

Maybe god (premise 1) would have placed us here with abundant proofs of his being (premise 2). I personally don't believe in either of those premises, but to each his own.
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Change the title, it's misleading and makes no sense at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CJKay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ive edited my original post, the title is made to draw people in, I just want to start a real discussion here which involves philosophy and science , I cannot Make you belive GOD exists but these are things we all must ponder..
You cannot mix science and philosophy. Philosophy convinces stupid people to do stupid things by making them feel like they understand something when they don't.
khasud
Rep:
?
(Original post by ssingh9)
I agree with some elements of your argument. Yes, it has always been a major and important part of human philosophy and history to consider our origin and the nature of the universe.

However, simply saying "zero exists" and "the mysteries of infinity" doesn't actually prove the existence of an omnipotent, all-seeing deity. In addition, 'spotless, perfect design' could not be more wrong, and is I suspect based on the anthropic principle.

Maybe god (premise 1) would have placed us here with abundant proofs of his being (premise 2). I personally don't believe in either of those premises, but to each his own.
You are correct, the existence of the number zero does not prove God exists, but some of the characteristics of that number get your mind thinking about greater things, for example there is no number more closely related to infinity than the number zero, but yet they are an infinite distance apart. In my opinion anyway. And perfection is what you make of it, a system may look to be in total chaos and yet be in perfect harmony from another point of view.
Btw this is exactly why I started this thread, I don't want a fight but just ideas to start flowing.
khasud
Rep:
?
(Original post by CJKay)
You cannot mix science and philosophy. Philosophy convinces stupid people to do stupid things by making them feel like they understand something when they don't.
I am not mixing , I want to talk about both. Besides one could argue they are exactly the same thing, especially when researching some of the more abstract concepts in physics, and especially the efforts to create artificial intelligence in computers, a science which needs a philosophical approach.. well that is what I think anyway.
CJKay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am not mixing , I want to talk about both. Besides one could argue they are exactly the same thing, especially when researching some of the more abstract concepts in physics, and especially the efforts to create artificial intelligence in computers, a science which needs a philosophical approach.. well that is what I think anyway.
Nobody can legitimately argue science is philosophical...
Science is the study of the natural world based on observation. Philosophy is "the study of knowledge, reality and existence" which, if you ask me, is bull**** and frustratingly obtuse.

The study of artificial intelligence is completely amoral. What we build with what we learn from studying artifical intelligence, however, is not - but that is engineering, not science.
EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm believe in god and I think that logic is stupid.
Liberalists
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Common sense would make someone realise god exists. Those who fail to realise obviously have no common sense. Simple.
cuckoo99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Omg stop trying to prove/ disprove religion "_" Cba to even give an educated response for the 50th time in 2 weeks.
Abstraction
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CJKay)
Woah woah woah there's no need for that! Philosophy is an immensely important and thought-provoking subject. I don't think philosophers walk around thinking they understand everything because they've sat down in an armchair to think a bit - in fact its understanding that there are a lot of things they don't get that drive them to investigate in the first place. And tbh many philosophers do have a pretty good scientific background (many philosophers of mind, for example, are also neuroscientists and/or cognitive scientists). Clearly, this OP is not a philosopher lol
CJKay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abstraction)
Woah woah woah there's no need for that! Philosophy is an immensely important and thought-provoking subject. I don't think philosophers walk around thinking they understand everything because they've sat down in an armchair to think a bit - in fact its understanding that there are a lot of things they don't get that drive them to investigate in the first place. And tbh many philosophers do have a pretty good scientific background (many philosophers of mind, for example, are also neuroscientists and/or cognitive scientists). Clearly, this OP is not a philosopher lol
Incredibly subjective and wrong.
Abstraction
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
God will never be absolutely and irrefutably proved or disproved, this endeavour is a waste of time and brain energy. What even is God? Forget about it, if you really want to tackle big, worthwhile philosophical problems look at these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_pr..._consciousness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_universals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_identity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.32%

Watched Threads

Latest