Apple cover letter help please?

Watch
mason.smith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm applying as an Software Engineering Intern for Apple this summer. It looks like they care a lot about the cover letter and English is my second language so I've had a hard time to come up with a good cover letter. Any feedback/advice is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respected Sir/ Madam,

I hope this letter finds you well. I would like to first take this opportunity to request your consideration for the position of Software Engineering Intern, which I saw listed on jobs.apple.com.

Nowadays when you think Apple, you don't think of the fruit that grows on trees, but the driving force and pinnacle of technology; with sleek, stylish and well known designs coupled with its great hardware and software capabilities. It is for this reason that I want to work at Apple. As your company is looking for innovative partners, my engineering background would be a positive addition to your team.

I have strong skills in C/C++ and Java programming, which I have expanded in the fields of information technologies and software engineering throughout my five-year studies. I also have extensive knowledge in Mac OS X, UNIX and Windows operating systems. The knowledge I have gained as a junior at University of Houston has enhanced my capacity to perform a job such as this one, and fostered a desire to apply my knowledge in a practical way. Working on the projects individually or as a team, before a given deadline, inculcated a sense of responsibility in me and taught me the art of managing time and resources to achieve the target in the best possible way.

Adapting to various work cultures, identifying, resolving bottlenecks and prioritizing are the striking features of my work ethics. At the same time I like challenges which require innovation on my part. Developing new solutions with motto “if something doesn’t need to be there, it won’t be there” and coming out with ways that are not very common is what excites me. My curriculum has been influential in making me a team player and at the same time made me self-sufficient to be able to work on my own. During my internships, I am responsible for full lifecycle development of the company’s software, from initial requirement gathering to design, coding, testing, documentation and implementation.

The combination of my education at University of Houston and the capability in coming out with successful solutions coupled with my technical knowledge has equipped me with skills necessary to be a successful intern at Apple. I ensure you that I will try my level best to assist your company by enhancing and implementing my programming skills. I would like to discuss my qualifications with you in person. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time and consideration.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.04%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.5%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise