The Student Room Group

GUYS: Why don't you chat me up/ like me?

I've noticed when I go clubbing guys never seem interested in me and I can't understand why. I'm above average looking but yet guys never pay me any attention. I think it's because I'm black and maybe guys don't go for this much/think I won't like them (I live in a white country), PLUS I look 17/18 years old. If looks are all that matters in the club situation then why don't guys go for me? I've been told maybe I look a little bitchy, so this could be the key, but I thought looks were paramount.:colondollar:

p.s. I don't dress provocatively either, but I don't want to dress like this and would appreciate more a guy who picked me up in converse and jeans.

Guys what makes you go for girls in clubs?
looks are important, but then so is attitude.

even if a guy is confident, then he may not think it's worth his while because you'd be too much work. I don't know you so I'm not saying you have a bad attitude, but then this could be it.
Reply 2
Original post by darzenhabils
looks are important, but then so is attitude.

even if a guy is confident, then he may not think it's worth his while because you'd be too much work. I don't know you so I'm not saying you have a bad attitude, but then this could be it.

Interesting, I always thought they'd like a "challenege" and would be more likely to go for a supermodel in a club, even if she's a bit cold.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've noticed when I go clubbing guys never seem interested in me and I can't understand why. I'm above average looking but yet guys never pay me any attention. I think it's because I'm black and maybe guys don't go for this much/think I won't like them (I live in a white country), PLUS I look 17/18 years old. If looks are all that matters in the club situation then why don't guys go for me? I've been told maybe I look a little bitchy, so this could be the key, but I thought looks were paramount.:colondollar:

p.s. I don't dress provocatively either, but I don't want to dress like this and would appreciate more a guy who picked me up in converse and jeans.

If a guy is going after a girl in a club, he generally wants one thing - sex, you won't find a keeper in a club (well it's extremely hard to find one)
Reply 4
Original post by Tomsta
If a guy is going after a girl in a club, he generally wants one thing - sex, you won't find a keeper in a club (well it's extremely hard to find one)

Not looking for any keepers or even one night stands- it's just a bit crushing when guys hit on my friends all the time and I'm left on the sidelines like the ugly friend. and I just want to know why (since I don't think I'm ugly :colondollar:)
Reply 5
Not looking for any keepers or even one night stands- it's just a bit crushing when guys hit on my friends all the time and I'm left on the sidelines like the ugly friend. and I just want to know why (since I don't think I'm ugly :colondollar:)

Some people arn't attracted to certain types of girls, i for one can now say that i'm not attracted to black girls in a romantic sense, happy being friends, just personal preferance, and tbh in clubs most guys (who are notmally drunk) will go for the girl with the biggest 'set' as it were (at least that's what i've seen)
Reply 6
Colour has nothing to do with clubs trust me aha, I get approached by all types and I'm black, it's because I present myself well, if you go into the club looking like a slut or tramp you may not get nice attention..
Reply 7

You sound perfect!:wink:

If you want some attention in clubs, you need to do something that deserves attention...dress provocatively, dance a bit crazy, get drunk etc. If you are there in your composed way, a guy will straight away write you off because he knows he wouldn't be able to get with you. Don't think of yourself as an ugly friend at all! I'm a girl that barely got approached when I went clubbing with my girls because I was really tall (5'8 when all the guys are same height as me). I felt quite unattractive and silly when everyone else was having a good time, but I used to laugh it off. Because the guys that came to me, approached me at uni, in coffee places etc (not often may I add, but sometimes). Not in the dark clubs where you wouldn't be able to recognise them from a line up the next day.

Just take it on the chin, it's fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending