C0nfused_Student
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, just wondering what people think is the best accommodation at Keele University? Please give reasoning

Personally, i'd want a room with its own shower and toilet that also has a place for socializing/chilling out... possibly a lounge or living room for the flat/block you are in.

Thanks
DraculasGirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Liberty court!
JP.
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by C0nfused_Student)
Hi, just wondering what people think is the best accommodation at Keele University? Please give reasoning

Personally, i'd want a room with its own shower and toilet that also has a place for socializing/chilling out... possibly a lounge or living room for the flat/block you are in.

Thanks
On campus, Holly Cross and Linsday Court are the best premier en-suites - 34 weeks. They have very similar room layouts and pricing. The rooms are really spacious with a 3/4 bed and just generally a great student atmosphere as there are loads of rooms. The buildings don't have that dorm kind of thing where there's a locked door to every 8 rooms... It's all open like a hotel but 8 people do share the kitchen, 4 people to a side and fridge/freezer so it's not bad at all.

Liberty court has had a great atmosphere this year however it's a long bus journey away and everyone I've spoken to wish they were living on campus just as it's more convenient. It's very modern at liberty but the rooms are pretty narrow.

There are communal lounges in Holly Cross, a room on the third floor and a large reception area with sofas where people just tend to chill. Linsday Court has it's own bar/cafe and a room where people tend to blast music, play pool etc. However people just chill in the corridors or in each others kitchens tbh!
Daydreamer <3 xx
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Thanks
Hi

Due to the accommodation system you won't be able to choose which block you are in. You'll only be able to enter you're 3 room type preferences and a room will be randomly allocated to you. So if you want an ensuite in your room you would choose 'Premier en suite' as your first choice and hopefully you'll get it. Lindsay court, holly cross and the oaks all have en suite rooms and I think they all have a lounge area too.

Hope this helped
C0nfused_Student
Rep:
Thanks, this has helped quite alot...
Just to confirm, by lounge area i mean an individual area for you and the people sharing the flat and not the a room for the whole block... Just like a dining area with a few sofa's etc to chill out on with people in the same flat.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
greenfly125
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You'll get a table and chairs, but you won't get sofas in each individual flat of 8 or whatever it is. The sofas will be in the common rooms.
Daydreamer <3 xx
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks, this has helped quite alot...
Just to confirm, by lounge area i mean an individual area for you and the people sharing the flat and not the a room for the whole block... Just like a dining area with a few sofa's etc to chill out on with people in the same flat.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
In lindsay court(my room for next year), holly cross and the oaks each kitchen has a dining table and benches so 8 of you will be able to hang out in your respective kitchens. Some kitchens in other blocks (like mine lindsay T block) don't have tables and chairs in the kitchen and people eat in their own room however the rooms in my block are bigger than the en suite rooms so lots of people can hang out in each others rooms or the large lobby area downstairs is where most of the guys go.

there are no sofas except in the main common rooms though.

Hope this helped
C0nfused_Student
Rep:
(Original post by DraculasGirl)
Liberty court!
I'v been looking at Liberty Court, the distance doesn't really bother me too much as I'm sure I'd get used to it and if anything may be a good opportunity to build friendships with people who you commonly see on the bus or whatever.

If i was to attend Keele i'd probably want to stay at Liberty Court, how competitive are the rooms tho in terms of how likely am I to be allocated a room? Do they go pretty fast?

Thanks
DraculasGirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Not sure - maybe put it as your first choice and hope for the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.37%
Okay (64)
29.77%
A bit lacking (81)
37.67%
Not good at all (52)
24.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed