lil_coconut
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone at the uni could give me more information on the nightlife in Falmouth?
I'm from London and really like the course offered there, but am worried the jump from nightlife in London to Falmouth might be a bit difficult?

Has anyone moved from a big city to Falmouth and found the nightlife fine?

Thanks
taliaholden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Falmouth's nightlife will be significantly different to London's. Falmouth has tons of wonderful pubs. But when you say nightlife i'm assuming you mean clubs? - Clubs wise it has Mango's to dance to songs everyone knows and lots of specific obscure music tastes. Lots of people like Club I, personally its not for me but it has cheap drinks and decent music and this is the main club Falmouth has. There are lots of places to go dancing that aren't necessarily clubs, some of these are 5 Degrees Below, Toast, Grapes and Jacobs Ladder. These will have lots of one off event nights or different type of music that still is worth experiencing.

If you are used to a big city nightlife then Falmouth will be different. However it is still a student city and what they have to offer caters to us. Its kind of what you make of it. For example I like electro swing, they have specific electro swing nights and I'm in my element. I'd say that obscure tastes are met as well as just having a dance to songs everyone knows.

When you first get here, you'll go to the freshers events at the stannary. Once you've found your friends at university, many people just go to the stannary's one off events and head into Falmouth more often.

Maybe come down and give the nightlife a try if your worried?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (171)
53.44%
18-20 years old (no) (38)
11.88%
20-25 years old (yes) (51)
15.94%