The Student Room Group

I'm anxious and scared I won't get the necessary requirements :(

I'm an international student currently preparing for my local version of A levels (which follow the same syllabus as the English version. My exams start in May and I am so stressed out right now, to the point where I can't concentrate and I feel like it's such a critical stage of revision that I can't afford to lose any time :frown:

I really want to study Neuroscience at UCL (I haven't applied yet since I'll be taking a gap year after my A Levels) but the thought of not getting the requirements is freaking me out and I keep losing concentration whilst studying and thinking of the worst that can happen :/

I have 6 A Levels total (with Biology and Chemistry at an advanced level and four other subjects at an intermediate level) and I've been studying for a while now but I don't feel like it's going to be enough to get me an AA and an overall A to get into uni :frown: I am predicted an overall A in my A levels (with A being the highest grade you can achieve) but I still don't think I can make it. Around 40-50 people out of 700 applicants get an A in Biology/Chemistry (respectively) and I'm terrified because not meeting the requirements would mean that I'll have to say goodbye to the thought of getting into a uni such as UCL.

I still have two months to go but this past week has put me so far behind in terms of revision and I'm scared it'll keep on happening andI'll miss my requirements because of my inability to focus :/

Can anyone offer any help on how I can remain focused? I've tried everything: staying off my mobile/laptop, getting rid of any distractions but it seems like my mind wandering off is the big 'issue' in my case.

Is it still possible for me to meet the requirements? :/
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending