LaurenDGrace112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello! This might seem a silly question but im really worried about it! Im going to Newcastle uni to do English! I was just wondering how you know when/where to go for things for freshers, and whether you normally go out with your flat mates? And also is it usually quick to get to know everyone in your flat and start having fun or is it awkward and scary for a long time! ahh im so excited but so scared of the making friends process hahaa!
Kieran-SAFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LaurenDGrace112)
Hello! This might seem a silly question but im really worried about it! Im going to Newcastle uni to do English! I was just wondering how you know when/where to go for things for freshers, and whether you normally go out with your flat mates? And also is it usually quick to get to know everyone in your flat and start having fun or is it awkward and scary for a long time! ahh im so excited but so scared of the making friends process hahaa!
The main thing you should remember when you get there is that everyone is in the same boat! It's pretty much a given that nobody will know anybody at first so everyone will be at least a little bit nervous and feel a bit of awkwardness but everyone will be chatting away to each other before you know it! Just find out where they're from, what they're studying etc...and once a few drinks have been cracked open everything will be all good haha!

I'm starting a year late (so I'll be 19 in September) so a few of my mates are already at Uni's so they've told me quite a bit. Freshers events will be advertised all over the place so you'll know everything that's going on
LaurenDGrace112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Kieran-SAFC)
The main thing you should remember when you get there is that everyone is in the same boat! It's pretty much a given that nobody will know anybody at first so everyone will be at least a little bit nervous and feel a bit of awkwardness but everyone will be chatting away to each other before you know it! Just find out where they're from, what they're studying etc...and once a few drinks have been cracked open everything will be all good haha!

I'm starting a year late (so I'll be 19 in September) so a few of my mates are already at Uni's so they've told me quite a bit. Freshers events will be advertised all over the place so you'll know everything that's going on
Ahhh thankyou!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads