The Student Room Group

Does anyone need help with a2 ocr G673 sociology revision?

I registered to The Student Room as I came across the site looking for revision tips online. I am not entirely sure on how to use this site. So sorry if I make any silly mistakes.

I'm revising for A2 G673 sociology and the exam board is OCR. I have tons of notes on the topics:-
1) the role and purpose of education & education and the economy
2) differential education achievement by: social class, gender and ethnicity
3) education and social policy

So I was thinking I should post my notes on my blog so you guys who need help can access them and see if they are any use to you.

Just reply back if you are interested.

I also have notes on AS and A2 religious studies.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by SelinaYasmin
I registered to The Student Room as I came across the site looking for revision tips online. I am not entirely sure on how to use this site. So sorry if I make any silly mistakes.

I'm revising for A2 G673 sociology and the exam board is OCR. I have tons of notes on the topics:-

So I was thinking I should post my notes on my blog so you guys who need help can access them and see if they are any use to you.

Hey. Im doing the same module and struggling with the amount of revision I need to do, so your notes would be very helpful. If you don't mind, could post them here or post a link to your blog or I could message you my email address? :smile: Thanks a lot!
(edited 10 years ago)

Hey, i would really appreciate it if you could help me out as im kinda struggling here :colondollar:. if you could send me your blog info i would happily be able to find the information. so thanks !:tongue:
Reply 4
Hi, I was wondering how you are all revising for this exam? I've got A's in practice questions I have had to do for class but I'm really struggling to now just revise the topics. :frown: Any advice? I need to get a B in this exam for Uni.
Reply 5
Original post by Abijayne
Hi, I was wondering how you are all revising for this exam? I've got A's in practice questions I have had to do for class but I'm really struggling to now just revise the topics. :frown: Any advice? I need to get a B in this exam for Uni.

So sorry for the late reply, I forgot my password and only recently recovered it. I also need a B! I've just been reading the studies, writing them out and then doing past paper questions. There are so many studies to do, I hate it!
Reply 6
so many studies:frown: just for one unit as well!
I have just been writing out the studies also. Any thoughts on what may come up?
Reply 7
Original post by india496p
so many studies:frown: just for one unit as well!
I have just been writing out the studies also. Any thoughts on what may come up?

Its hard to tell since they go rid of the January exams. As long as you cover 2 of either Role of education, Attainment or Policies then you should be covered.
Hey guys, I'm just trying to narrow down my revision a bit, do you know any topic that might be a strong contender in coming up this year, i am well aware that it would be hard to predict what might come up as they took out the January exams but do your teachers have any idea what might perhaps come up this year ? thanks :biggrin:
Reply 9
What sort of vocational education questions can come up and how will they be worded?? I'm trying to focus on attainment and role of education, which sometimes is related to vocational.:redface:

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!

Hi I'm doing the same module as you in education and I'm having a a lot of trouble revising, if you don't mind could you please personal message me your notes it would really help me a lot thank you.
Hi, does anyone have any predictions of what may come up? I'm doing role and purpose/education and the economy and social policy

I'm predicting
Outline the functionalist perspective on the education and economy
and
Outline and assess the view that New Labour policies have created equality in opportunity
Reply 12

Heya.
Do you have any notes specifically on evaluating? I think my downfall is I don't evaluate throughout, but rather at the end.
Do you or anyone else know if this is a problem? Can I still obtain a A/B by evaluating all at the end rather than throughout a question?

Can I also have any notes, wanting to sort of double check what I've got for this exam :smile:
Reply 14

Heyy ! Im also doing that module. Im really struggling with revision. Could i please see your notes? Will help a lot!

I'm sitting this exam on the 10th, it would be extremely helpful to have your notes just for that last minute revision. :smile:
Hey there, the revision notes sound like quite the help as I'm not very much organised myself and find it hard to start revising from where I need to. Can you also send them over to me, that'd be very helpful :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Will Mckenzie
Hi, does anyone have any predictions of what may come up? I'm doing role and purpose/education and the economy and social policy

I'm predicting
Outline the functionalist perspective on the education and economy
and
Outline and assess the view that New Labour policies have created equality in opportunity

I think vocationalism would be in one of the 3 options. Could they ask a question on New Labour itself?
Original post by AbdulR
I think vocationalism would be in one of the 3 options. Could they ask a question on New Labour itself?

I don't think they will but New Labour/Conservative in the question, they usually put the date.

So from 1988 its Conservative policies

and for New Labour policies it will be phrased:

"Outline and assess the view that recent educational policies have increased diversity and choice"
OR
instead of "recent" they may put a date from 1997 which was when New Labour came into power
Reply 19
Original post by Will Mckenzie
I don't think they will but New Labour/Conservative in the question, they usually put the date.

So from 1988 its Conservative policies

and for New Labour policies it will be phrased:

"Outline and assess the view that recent educational policies have increased diversity and choice"
OR
instead of "recent" they may put a date from 1997 which was when New Labour came into power

I thought the same thing too, so they could ask a question on New Labour and Conservatives with different words.
Which theory question could come up? Interactionism/class? I think im going to narrow down my focus to these two...

Quick Reply

Latest