What is the best/worst thing you have ever cooked? Watch

hbk4894
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
for me

Best - in Food Tech at School at Tuna Pasta bake or a Ham and Pineapple Pizza

worst - a Christmas Cake which got ruined by the rain.
EverybodyHertz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
worst: Spinach and mushroom lasagne... (the thought of it makes me sick:afraid:) It was in food tech!

best: Chicken curry (chucked in a bunch of random herbs and spices, turned out to be good enough for Jesus to come back to life :ahee:)
Ronoconoco
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best - I once made a kickass Rabbit . . . "thing" completely by accident when attempting to make a stew.
It had onions, ricotta, black olives and some other random miscellaneous items I found in my cupbourd and turned out more like a Moussaka than anything else.

Worst - I once put toothpaste in the mincemeat for a lasagna when I had no tomato puree.
I'll let you decipher whether or not that sounds appetizing to you.
Care-Free
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best - Chicken and fennel ragout Nomnomnomnmmm

worst - I tried to make brownies with egg whites as the raising agent...they looks amazinggg when they came out the oven but when i stuck a knife in they just collapsed into a soggy eggy mess,its was horrible!
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My best was homemade smothered chicken (chicken breasts covered in cheese, bacon and BBQ sauce). I love it in restaurants and having it at home was ace.

Worst... basically everything else I ever cook
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My best is probably either lemon puddle pudding or mushrooms stuffed with ricotta, chilli and lemon, served with rice and salad.

My worst...hmm. Well I did manage to do packet mix cookies, forget them and burn them completely black once. That's pretty bad. :\
Darkphilosopher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Worst, korma sauce and noodles.
Best, Spaghetti Carbonara.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrsMars
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best; My amazing Prawn and Salmon Pie

Worst; Roti
The_Dragonborn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best: Pastry cakes, to this day the tastiest thing(s) I've ever cooked imo.

Worst: I attempted to make melting moment biscuits, but, and I've no idea how, they came out rock hard, literally they were damn near impossible to bite and eat. You had to hold them in a cup of tea for ten seconds!
nne
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me , the worst , is egg i made it by myself but with crazy recipe i invented , so at the end i gave it to my dog and he love it , guess
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
worse: cake

best: mushroom risotto

Posted from TSR Mobile
nne
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But The best i made , is pan cake with strawberry soss
Firenze26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My best was a lasagne i made during food tech, I forgot the recipe or how I did it but I got a high grade for it and it tasted delicious so I ate some (btw, I hated lasagne I thought it tasted gross)

My worst was a plain piece of bread, just a flipping bread. It turned out I added salt instead of sugar..... do the maths for it's taste

Posted from TSR Mobile
dancurzon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best: Just started putting loads of stuff in a wok and a frying pan, put it all together and came out as a biriyani, rather impressed.

Worst: Cooked a pizza at a house party once, left it in there for two hours and set the kitchen on fire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
buchanan700
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best: From-scratch carbonara with lardons
Worst: When I tried to make my fool-proof cheese sauce in a pan instead of a microwave. Not so much a sauce, more a...cheese flavoured lump of glue.
Fashion Girl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best: Chicken curry with vegetables! It was basically chicken fillets with a spicy curry sauce, think it was Jalfrezi from Sainsbury's , and a load of fresh vegetables cooked in the same sauce ! It was delicious :drools: ! Worst: Nacho chips. I followed the instructions. Cut my sack of potatoes from Tesco all nicely into...nacho shapes...the triangular ones, and coated it with a Schwartz Nacho spice and chucked it in the oven, and instead of coming out all flat and nice like Dorito's they came out like triangular baked potatoes :lolwut: ! I was instantly reminded my Mum telling me that machine cut potatoes will never be as fine as handcut potatoes, but then why did the spice pack say that it would be cooked to professional perfection :iiam:!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (491)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed