The Student Room Group
University of York
York

College stereotypes?

I'm planning on applying to Goodricke, but I'd like to hear any stereotypes. Which college is the best? :smile:
Reply 1
Goodricke/Langwith = Zombies with limited social capability.
Halifax = Sleep all day, pardy all night. Home of BNOC's such as myself.
Derwent (Absolute hole) = See Halifax
James = Quiet nerdy people who don't leave their rooms
Vanbrugh = Artsy people, very pretentious.
Constantine = Opening this year, will be very similar to goodricke/langwith id imagine

Source: 2nd year student
University of York
York
Reply 2
Alcuin = James+Langwith+Goodricke combined
Reply 3
Original post by YORKBNOC
Goodricke/Langwith = Zombies with limited social capability.
Halifax = Sleep all day, pardy all night. Home of BNOC's such as myself.
Derwent (Absolute hole) = See Halifax
James = Quiet nerdy people who don't leave their rooms
Vanbrugh = Artsy people, very pretentious.
Constantine = Opening this year, will be very similar to goodricke/langwith id imagine

Source: 2nd year student

Haha, why is Derwent a hole? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Accommodation is outdated and is very unappealing.
Although Derwent does have the courtyard (ran by YUSU). Dem chicken burgers are to die for.
Reply 5
College stereotypes are guaranteed to be incorrect, don't be so naive.
Reply 6
Original post by Conzy210
College stereotypes are guaranteed to be incorrect, don't be so naive.

You sir are a genius, would you like a medal?
tbh College stereotypes mean nothing at York, you find all types of people in all the colleges. It's really the location that matters...whether you want one of the more central Colleges like Vanbrugh, Derwent, James or one of the more isolated ones like Alquin, Halifax, Langwith, Goodricke, Constantine.
Reply 8
Original post by Peremy Jaxman
tbh College stereotypes mean nothing at York, you find all types of people in all the colleges. It's really the location that matters...whether you want one of the more central Colleges like Vanbrugh, Derwent, James or one of the more isolated ones like Alquin, Halifax, Langwith, Goodricke, Constantine.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I bet you're one of them people in FragSoc who think they're private Ryan. As a BNOC myself, I award you with the medal of stupidity.
Reply 9
The only college stereotypes that actually hold true in York are that Derwent has the biggest social events/club nights on campus, that all the musical/artsy people go to Vanbrugh, and that Halifax is nobody, literally nobody's first choice. Otherwise, the colleges in York are what you make of them. Your college can define your time here, or it can be absolutely insignificant to your university experience. It's up to you.
Original post by YORKBNOC
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I bet you're one of them people in FragSoc who think they're private Ryan. As a BNOC myself, I award you with the medal of stupidity.

lol tbf you are a funny guy...obvs not as much of a BNOC as me but still...

Quick Reply

Latest