Turn on thread page Beta

Come on people lets put the work in for S2, last maths exam i'll ever do!!!! Roll on Tuesday........... This anyone elses last maths exam ever??

ReputationRep:
    Yup, the last maths exam ever for me too. Yippeee! I've got to do well in this, and am aiming for a high A, I hope it's not too difficult a paper. A simple one like S1 will do me fine. One person on the board said that they're making this year's AS papers easier, and the A2 papers harder. I hope that that is NOT the case.

Sounds like bad bad new if they r, i stand no chance if this is any more than an easy S2 paper. Not lookin forward 2 it.. can anyone confirm this rumour?

I still have S2, M2 and P4 to do.

Last math exam for me too.

Originally posted by Xenon
    One person on the board said that they're making this year's AS papers easier, and the A2 papers harder. I hope that that is NOT the case.
    Nah, I doubt it. Although I didn't take P2, as I did it in Jan already, I heard it was a really easy paper that no one found difficult. But then I hope Edexcel considers P2 to be A2 and not AS (since P2 can be both).

Besides S2 is very predictable in the nature of questions given, probably cos there are only 4 chapters in the syllabus: usually starts with some definitions about sampling, then a hypothesis question, poisson distribution question, CURD question, another hypothesis question, and binomial + normal approximation question, pdf/cdf question.

If it's anything like P3, I would go crazy.

CURD?

Originally posted by Unregistered
    CURD?
    Continuous Uniform Rectangular Distribution

im not prepared at all!!!!!! ive been concentrating on my other exams

people reckon monday is enough to cram cram cram?

someone answer PLEASE

ReputationRep:
    im not prepared at all!!!!!! ive been concentrating on my other exams

people reckon monday is enough to cram cram cram?
    Here's for hoping, I've got 2 computing exams on monday and then the S2 on tues, I've already planned to take root in the house for the next few days .. even if it is pwetty outside...

Rob

are we all talking bout the ocr s2? cos I have that on tues too, after french in the morning dreading them both, 'specially s2 cos I just can't get my head around hypothesis testing ick, I'll b glad when these exams r all over! (and it would b my last maths exam ever cept I know I'm gonna have to resit them all so I'll have three more to do in January! )

Edexcel's S2 is also on Tuesday.

hey... s2 will be my last maths exam ever!!
    but i didnt do so well in january s2 paper...
    and i dont have much time to revise 4 it
    got biology 4 and 5 on monday
    s2 tuesday
    chemistry 4 and 5 wednesday
    and biology synoptic on thursday
    u guys think u got it bad????
    majority of the s2 paper is hypothesis testing!!
    take care n good luck
    luv, shirel

can the whole course be done in 3 days?

yup.

best get started then

You can read the whole book and do most of the past papers in one day.

Does anyone actually understand hypothesis testing? Cos I certainly don't - we have a really useless teacher who really hasn't taught us anything at all, so I am slightly panicking. I have 6 exams this week, yet I'm on here posting replies...hmmm does that say anything about my motivation to work?!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.