jellybellys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi - so basically I'm stuck with what university I should choose! I have received offers from all 3 and I honestly don't know how I can decide.
In terms of reputation, I would choose Warwick but I feel that I would have a better time in terms of uni life at York or Exeter. (and they are both very respectable unis)
I've visited all 3 and they all have their different pros and cons. I love all their courses and so I'm stuck on how to decide! I'm sure wherever I go I will have a great time but I don't want to make the wrong choice.
Any help with helping me choose and showing me what you think are each unis pros and cons will be greatly appreciated :o:p
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lots of advice here about how to make this choice - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices

PS> You have until MAY to make this choice - lots of time to think carefully.
_soph1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jellybellys)
Hi - so basically I'm stuck with what university I should choose! I have received offers from all 3 and I honestly don't know how I can decide.
In terms of reputation, I would choose Warwick but I feel that I would have a better time in terms of uni life at York or Exeter. (and they are both very respectable unis)
I've visited all 3 and they all have their different pros and cons. I love all their courses and so I'm stuck on how to decide! I'm sure wherever I go I will have a great time but I don't want to make the wrong choice.
Any help with helping me choose and showing me what you think are each unis pros and cons will be greatly appreciated :o:p
Have you made your decision yet? I was in the same position with Warwick and York. I'm thinking Warwick at the moment, simply due to its great reputation. I love going out and having a packed social life, which was my concern with Warwick, but I have some friends there that say its really fun and there's absolutely loads to do so I'm not too worried! Nevertheless, I went to the York applicant day a couple of months ago and loved the course and met some lovely people, but the campus just didn't do it for me - really grey and very empty! :confused:
jellybellys
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by _soph1)
Have you made your decision yet? I was in the same position with Warwick and York. I'm thinking Warwick at the moment, simply due to its great reputation. I love going out and having a packed social life, which was my concern with Warwick, but I have some friends there that say its really fun and there's absolutely loads to do so I'm not too worried! Nevertheless, I went to the York applicant day a couple of months ago and loved the course and met some lovely people, but the campus just didn't do it for me - really grey and very empty! :confused:
Hey yeah I did! I went for Exeter but it ended up being between Exeter and York. I think with Warwick in terms of a social life, the nights out aren't going to be quite as great as York. However both Warwick and York have great societies to join! I preferred the course at York over Warwick and for me I think that the course is the main point to base your decision. Don't worry about the reputation of Warwick because York is just as highly regarded by employers for university - I agree that Warwick perhaps has that slight edge but in the end the degree is what you make of it. If you get a 1st at York because you love the course but get a 2:1 at Warwick (which is still great don't get me wrong!) - but employers will most likely choose you at York. In terms of the York campus - I agree, it wasn't particularly amazing and I was slightly disappointed at the area I looked at (around Vanbrugh I think) but the city is lovely and I have also never heard anyone say to me that they wish they didn't study at York! Or Warwick for that matter Sorry it's quite long but I say first and foremost you choose by the course - you enjoy the course then everything should fall in its place once you get there!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jellybellys)
I preferred the course at York over Warwick and for me I think that the course is the main point to base your decision.

Yes.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think your focus should be on the content of the course rather than the minute points about their reputation (at the end of the day, reputation is only important to a certain point - and none of those three options are lacking in reputation, as you said). But with courses like history in particular, I imagine the courses can differ in terms of the modules which you have to take and the ones which you can choose. So you should choose the course which offers modules most in line with your interests - or, if you're not sure what your interests are yet (which is perfectly normal), then choose the course with the greatest diversity of topics.

The second most important thing is to choose a place where you'll be happy. You said each university has it's pros and cons, but which points are most important to you? For example, I would find it a positive that York has a collegiate system, but that might not be important to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads