University of Leeds, MA in Design, 2015/16 entry...requirements etc? Watch

royal1990
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically, I am wanting to apply for postgraduate study at the University of Leeds in the aforementioned thread title (MA Design) in a research-led capacity. I have the rest of this year left (I am second year undergraduate) and year three, before I have to decide, but I have early aspirations to get into a decent university for postgraduate study.

I am not your typical run-of-the-mill A* student, I did not do great in my GCSE examinations or coursework, nor did I take the traditional 'A-level route' towards higher education. I would rather not discuss this due to the sheer embarrassment and the fact that 'thestudentroom snob mob' will lecture me about how I have no chance of getting into a 'Russell Group' institution. However, I have the determination and ambition to prove people wrong.
I have a long and colorful history, as both a person with experience and personal strife about having tried to achieve in my education.

I am not the stereotypical 'wow' factor student, but I wish to up my game, and essentially achieve higher results as I progress through my penultimate and final years of undergraduate study. I have achieved so far 60/70% in regard to modules and I attend the University of Hull, in a creative subject, and by the way I do not profess to study a 'traditional degree' therefore, I am waiving the idea of having to try and defend myself against someone who professes to be doing a much harder subject than me. It's fair enough that a person that studies Law, the Sciences, or other subject over my subject, I am not trying to be up in my 'Ivory tower' but that doesn't mean to say I don't deserve to be at a research-intensive institution. I have realised that perhaps my point of view may conflict with the traditional academic viewpoint, but still I am prepared to face any criticism.

Anyways.....back to the thread!

Do you guys think it is realistic that someone with average 2:1/1st class degree classifications can apply to the course (as aforementioned in title) with having done a vocational qualification at level 3 in my education? Taking into consideration the fact I would have done moderately well in my degree, passed an interview, and performed well with a research proposal??

Thanks in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (27)
11.44%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.97%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.39%
No (170)
72.03%

Watched Threads