How to get involved in the UK Politics Forum?

Watch
sophieleannexo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've been following the forum for a while & have decided I want to get involved. How do I go about this? I'm not exactly familiar with each of the parties but really am interested in politics. Please help as I'd love to get involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sophieleannexo)
I've been following the forum for a while & have decided I want to get involved. How do I go about this? I'm not exactly familiar with each of the parties but really am interested in politics. Please help as I'd love to get involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's easy!

You can either do one of two jobs.

1) trawl the Daily Mail/Express website and repost stories about immigration/the EU/ Welfare. Bonus points if you can blow the story out of proportion more than the media source you quote. Mega bonus points if you find a story about all three subject matters.

2) you can be the person who responds to those posts.

I joke.

You don't need to be an expert. Read some threads and if you have an opinion, voice it.

There is loads of stuff you can read about politics in general and the newspapers/television news will keep you updated with most current events.

One thing to bare in mind: never rely on just one source unless it is independent. Also remember that even official statistics and reports can be twisted to provide a specific proof. Always consult various sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophieleannexo
Rep:
?
(Original post by InnerTemple)
It's easy!

You can either do one of two jobs.

1) trawl the Daily Mail/Express website and repost stories about immigration/the EU/ Welfare. Bonus points if you can blow the story out of proportion more than the media source you quote. Mega bonus points if you find a story about all three subject matters.

2) you can be the person who responds to those posts.

I joke.

You don't need to be an expert. Read some threads and if you have an opinion, voice it.

There is loads of stuff you can read about politics in general and the newspapers/television news will keep you updated with most current events.

One thing to bare in mind: never rely on just one source unless it is independent. Also remember that even official statistics and reports can be twisted to provide a specific proof. Always consult various sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, so I can just comment freely on stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
chrisawhitmore
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another thing I'd suggest is having a look at TSR's very own fantasy parliament, the MHoC. We're about to have an election in the next couple of weeks and we feature a mix of knock-offs of real parties and wholly imaginary ones.

It'd also be good to try something like this to see where you stand politically http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
sophieleannexo
Rep:
?
(Original post by chrisawhitmore)
Another thing I'd suggest is having a look at TSR's very own fantasy parliament, the MHoC. We're about to have an election in the next couple of weeks and we feature a mix of knock-offs of real parties and wholly imaginary ones.

It'd also be good to try something like this to see where you stand politically http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
I'd like to be elected how do I get involved in the MHoC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophieleannexo
Rep:
?
I did the quiz and it said I'm a left libertarian. What does this mean, genuinely & honestly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophieleannexo
Rep:
?
BUMP...

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTranshumanist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
It's easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds more like the News and Current Affairs forum if you ask me.

To OP: Just keep up to date with political developments and you won't have a problem.
sophieleannexo
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTranshumanist)
That sounds more like the News and Current Affairs forum if you ask me.

To OP: Just keep up to date with political developments and you won't have a problem.
okay. Question: can you explain to me all the parties & stuff like libertarianism etc. What is left wing, right wing & central...

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheTranshumanist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
okay. Question: can you explain to me all the parties & stuff like libertarianism etc. What is left wing, right wing & central...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick break-down:

Left-wing politics: Concerned with issues of economic and social equality. Generally supports a bigger state that regulates the market and provides free-at-the-point-of-use public services to help/protect the poor or disadvantaged.

Right-wing politics: Indifference of economic and social inequality (to an extent). Supports a smaller state that interferes less in the market and allows the private sector to distribute goods and services more efficiently.

Centrism: In between the above.

Libertarianism: Upholds individual liberty. There are libertarians on both sides of the political-ideological spectrum, but most of them seem to be right-wing, advocating a smaller state and free market capitalism.

If you want to find out more, google it.
sophieleannexo
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTranshumanist)
Quick break-down:

Left-wing politics: Concerned with issues of economic and social equality. Generally supports a bigger state that regulates the market and provides free-at-the-point-of-use public services to help/protect the poor or disadvantaged.

Right-wing politics: Indifference of economic and social inequality (to an extent). Supports a smaller state that interferes less in the market and allows the private sector to distribute goods and services more efficiently.

Centrism: In between the above.

Libertarianism: Upholds individual liberty. There are libertarians on both sides of the political-ideological spectrum, but most of them seem to be right-wing, advocating a smaller state and free market capitalism.

If you want to find out more, google it.
Ok Thanks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads