The Student Room Group

NIN - European student

Hello, I'll be starting my course in September, but on the gov. site, in order to give me the money, they want me to insert my "N.I.N."..problem is, I am not an English citizen, I am indeed Italian!!! So I don't live in England right now, so I can't even apply for a NIN at the moment.
What do I have to do? How do I get the loan (tuition fees only) without giving my N.I.N.? If I do have to give mine to get the money, how can I get one without living in UK? Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Vonathar
Hello, I'll be starting my course in September, but on the gov. site, in order to give me the money, they want me to insert my "N.I.N."..problem is, I am not an English citizen, I am indeed Italian!!! So I don't live in England right now, so I can't even apply for a NIN at the moment.
What do I have to do? How do I get the loan (tuition fees only) without giving my N.I.N.? If I do have to give mine to get the money, how can I get one without living in UK? Thanks in advance. :smile:

Hi I'm pretty sure you need to apply on an EU form, I'm not great on this subject and no one else is replying so I suggest you phone SFE but I am sure you need to apply on an EU form
Reply 2
Hi :smile: you'll have to apply on an EU form, and you'll have to do it on paper! You can't do it via the net, that's only for Uk students :frown: I remember going on the site about two weeks ago, it told me I had to wait till April for the forms to become available :/
Original post by Smushy
Hi :smile: you'll have to apply on an EU form, and you'll have to do it on paper! You can't do it via the net, that's only for Uk students :frown: I remember going on the site about two weeks ago, it told me I had to wait till April for the forms to become available :/

Thank you! So everything I wrote on the site was totally useless :angry: are you totally sure that I only lost my time while applying online? Do I actually have to wait for the EU forms to be available? Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Vonathar
Thank you! So everything I wrote on the site was totally useless :angry: are you totally sure that I only lost my time while applying online? Do I actually have to wait for the EU forms to be available? Thanks in advance :smile:

I think this website might answer you better than I can :smile: http://www.studential.com/applying/student-finance/applying I'm not 100% sure, since I can't read it because it's blocked in my country but the blurb looked promising :smile:

Oh and this is the forms page: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending