The Student Room Group

6 months..erm what now?

Hi guys,

Tomorrow I'll have know the guy I'm seeing for 6months. I lost myvirginity to him (not straight away) & have opened up to him more thanI do most people. I also feel like he's opened up to me a lot too (especiallyso in the last month, I feel like we are so much more emotionally open with eachother this year)

He said from start that he liked me and after denying how I felt formonths (and not speaking during jan exam period) I called him up& told him the same -I like him a lot more than I thought, I’ve hatednot speaking to him and that if he didn't feel the same to tell me; hesaid he did.

he’s said things such as 'I’m startingto like you too much' 'you’re my girl' and (apologizing after a fight) 'I wantyou to be my girlfriend' but what’s stopping that?

I want to be with him & as much as it would pain me for us to loose contact(I consider him to be a good friend as well) I don't want to be friends with benefitsor end up strung along and emotionally hurt continuing something that isn’tgoing to happen.

I’d never force him to ask me, nor to I want to give him an ‘ultimatum’but then what can I do? And do you think it’s possible to remain friends ifthings don’t progress to the next stage and I have to end how it is now?

Thanks x

Reply 1
With all due respect, it sounds like you're already a couple..?
You don't have to label anything - if you're happy as you are then keep it like that!

Tip: don't live your life afraid to get hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
If it's so important to you, why not ask him to be your boyfriend rather than making him ask you?

I never understood why it's such a big deal.. after a month or so of seeing my now boyfriend, I just said one day "So, for administration purposes, are we boyfriend and girlfriend?" and he said "yes please" and that was that!
Reply 3
The thing is, in adult relationships, there isn't ALWAYS a time when you say 'we're boyfriend and girlfriend now'. Most of the time you'll have established whether or not it is exclusive, but you don't have to be in a relationship for it to be exclusive. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year and a half and we never had that talk. It was just clear. The first time I heard him call me his girlfriend was when he said something along the lines of 'it's nice to come home from my shift to find my girlfriend sitting on my bed'... that was 8 months into the relationship! I completely didn't think about it before then. It was clear we were already a couple and honestly, it sounds clear that you and this guy are a couple.

Ask yourself why it's important? As long as he's not seeing someone else, and is feeling exclusive, the label is nothing more than a label.
Reply 4
when me and my current boyfriend of a year first got together it was some seedy shag after meeting in a pub, over the next few months me got to know eachother better, became more emotionally open as you said, and so on, nothing was ever said but we knew we were together, now we do call ourselves a couple, but there wasnt one definitive day that it happened. just talk to him, tell him what you think of the two of you, where you think the relationship is, say it doesnt need to be defined but that you consider you his and him yours, see how he replies. i think a lot of guys are phobic of the whole 'will you be my girlfriend' because that's such a concrete thing, just because you dont outwardly label it doesnt mean its any less real.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending