The World Without No Boarders & Free Movement

Watch
Poll: A world without no boarders
It would be a good idea and have positive effects and results on all societys (4)
26.67%
It would be a terrible idea and have catastrophic and damaging effects on l societys (11)
73.33%
CryptoidAlien
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was thinking about this as i've heard some arguments suggesting there should be no boarders. No national sovreign nations. No Boarder control for all 200+ nations on Earth. What would that world be like? Would it good that we could all move to wherever we want or would it bring the world into chaos?
Super Troll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Double negative of peace.

Goodnight sweetest prince of thieves.

RIP in piece thread.
Falcatas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Poll is silly as society would be truly globalised.
There still would and should still be sovereign nations so I have no idea were you would get that idea from.

True Open borders would be ideal and moral but it is certainly unlikely to happen.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Double negative and the wrong type of boarders...

Personally I do believe in the eradication of what we know as the nation state, for me all a 'country' brings to the table is the increased chance of tension, hatred and discrimination.

I'm not stupid enough to believe that those things wouldn't exist if you got rid of nations, but I do belive that in the long run it is by far and away in the best interest of everybody to see all of humanity as one united society, rather than 200+ arbitrarily defined ones.
CryptoidAlien
Rep:
?
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Double negative and the wrong type of boarders...

Personally I do believe in the eradication of what we know as the nation state, for me all a 'country' brings to the table is the increased chance of tension, hatred and discrimination.

I'm not stupid enough to believe that those things wouldn't exist if you got rid of nations, but I do belive that in the long run it is by far and away in the best interest of everybody to see all of humanity as one united society, rather than 200+ arbitrarily defined ones.
Countrys are hateful? You need help.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
Countrys are hateful? You need help.
I said that countrys increase the chance of hatred.

Countrys arbitrarily divide people, making them feel different to one another, when in fact that aren't. It then takes very little effort for someone to start blaming 'foreigners' and 'immigrants' for peoples problems, deliberately breeding resentment in order to further their own political gains and keeping the peoples of the world divided and weak.
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bad idea, because poor people would flock to the rich countries and make them poor as well.
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ridiculous idea. Open the floodgates and let the entire population of the country be outsourced for cheap labour. That's the kind of future you godless anarchists want right?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
I was thinking about this as i've heard some arguments suggesting there should be no boarders. No national sovreign nations. No Boarder control for all 200+ nations on Earth. What would that world be like? Would it good that we could all move to wherever we want or would it bring the world into chaos?
In the short term the effect would be very bad due to the sheer displacement of people from one country to another and the fact that the majority of people globally have less skills than those native to the western world. On the one hand you'd see the inflationary effects of a lack of infrastructure capacity quickly become apparent in developed countries (and use of their public services) all of which would cost money in the short term. Meanwhile in the same vein you would see a huge reduction in the labour force of poorer countries leading to a decline in output and potentially deflation.

For the UK the best solution is probably to have a policy whereby once a country reaches $30k per capita only then would free movement of labour be allowed.
CryptoidAlien
Rep:
?

Countrys arbitrarily divide people, making them feel different to one another, when in fact that aren't. It then takes very little effort for someone to start blaming 'foreigners' and 'immigrants' for peoples problems, deliberately breeding resentment in order to further their own political gains and keeping the peoples of the world divided and weak.
Immigrants happen when other cultures intergrate and move around. You need to calm down. You're really overthinking this.

It's like me criticizing same sex schools and 'seperatisism' or rules/laws as 'facism' or 'opression of freedom'.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good idea, this can be the new world anthem if the borders were evert removed:

How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore
Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords
:pierre:
thesabbath
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Okay, but nations already exist and humans are tribal in nature. Try denying people their identity and see what happens. Communists like you can bring down strong societies but only create a power vacuum.

Given where we are, how do you propose we get where you want to go? In particular, the people who don't share your dreams, what will you do with them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads