The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

'Fastrack: Access to Higher Education'

I am considering whether or not to apply for the 'Fastrack: Access to Higher Education' programme at Edge Hill. Does anyone on here have experience of the programme? If so, how useful was it? Would you recommend it?
Reply 1
Hi, I did the fast track a few years ago and found it very useful. If your not up to speed on writing academic papers and finding resources for your papers and using the appropriate referencing system then its a great course. It was quite intense but it was worth it.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the feedback. Did you find the workload manageable? What subject did you study at degree level?
Reply 3
Yeah work load was manageable and I worked and looked after 4 kids as well ha ha. Good luck.
Reply 4
I did an Access to HE course in Computing which was good because it covered each area in computing so you could judge your strengths and weaknesses from modules during the course, I originally was interested in programming but found Website design & development more fun and I picked up the skills quickly; so I chose that to study at university.

Having not done education for 7-8 years before it was something to get used to with homework and projects etc :tongue: the first 3 months I was taking it a bit easy and left things late, once the Christmas break passed I knuckled down a bit more (I think having uni offers to aim for was good). I worked weekends during the course so everything was done in the evenings, I ended up doing the work in the library before I went home so I could relax and I think I'll do that at uni as it worked well.
Reply 5
Pinker00 - What subject did you study?

Shodann - Did you do Edge Hill's 'Fastrack' programme or an Access course at college?
Reply 6
I did fastrack then psychology.
Reply 7
The fast track is to go to a different uni...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Hugby1
The fast track is to go to a different uni...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where would you recommend that do a similar "Fastrack" programme?
Reply 9
Would successful completion of Edge Hill's 'Fastrack' be sufficient to be accepted onto a degree course at another uni?
Reply 10
Hi my fast track was for a place at edge hill not sure if you can use it at another uni .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending