HistoryNick123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I applied to study at King's College London last year and applied for student finance for this, however I decided to take a year out and not attend university for another year.

I have gone to start student finance afresh for this year only to be told that I cannot cancel my application for Student Finance from last year because KCL have already taken payment of my tuition fee loan, despite the fact that I never enrolled as a student and repeatedly told them that I would not be attending.

I'm seriously hoping that this is some sort of computer mistake by student finance, otherwise KCL have taken my tuition fee loan despite the fact I wasn't attending.

Can anyone advise me on whether they've actually taken my loan or not?
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HistoryNick123)
Can anyone advise me on whether they've actually taken my loan or not?
Only KCL will be able to tell you that themselves. You need to contact their Admissions Office and get someone to investigate.
tsultana1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi so i applied for kcl last year too as well as student finance but ended up not going. Ive reapplied for uni again this yet and was wondering how i apply for student finance? Do i make a new application? Do i log in with my old details? How do i reapply? Is it different to how i applied last time?

Any help appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Procrastinator13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tsultana1)
Hi so i applied for kcl last year too as well as student finance but ended up not going. Ive reapplied for uni again this yet and was wondering how i apply for student finance? Do i make a new application? Do i log in with my old details? How do i reapply? Is it different to how i applied last time?

Any help appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm on my gap year and I'm actually applying for student finance. I rang student finance and told them that I'm a gap year student reapplying for student finance. They cleared all my details from last year, It took 48 hours after that I just logged in.
Make sure you have your customer reference number and security password when you ring.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
tsultana1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Procrastinator13)
I'm on my gap year and I'm actually applying for student finance. I rang student finance and told them that I'm a gap year student reapplying for student finance. They cleared all my details from last year, It took 48 hours after that I just logged in.
Make sure you have your customer reference number and security password when you ring.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
tsultana1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi so i called up studenf finance and explained my situation.
They said that i need to write them a letter telling them that i didnt go to uni for the year 2013/2014 and that i want them to delete the account and then after that i can make a new account and apply.
But can i make the account straight away or after my old account has been deleted? And how will i know when it has been deleted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Procrastinator13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tsultana1)
Hi so i called up studenf finance and explained my situation.
They said that i need to write them a letter telling them that i didnt go to uni for the year 2013/2014 and that i want them to delete the account and then after that i can make a new account and apply.
But can i make the account straight away or after my old account has been deleted? And how will i know when it has been deleted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's strange, I simply told them I wanted to reapply and they agreed to reset my account and it was as simple as that - I must add that I rang student finance as soon as I declined my university offer last year.

I waited two days before I logged in and I used the same Customer Service Number and password as before so in a way your new applications overwrites your previous one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tsultana1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's strange, I simply told them I wanted to reapply and they agreed to reset my account and it was as simple as that - I must add that I rang student finance as soon as I declined my university offer last year.

I waited two days before I logged in and I used the same Customer Service Number and password as before so in a way your new applications overwrites your previous one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh
After i declined my offer i didn't even think about deleting my old student finance account
I called them up and told them i wouldnt be going but they said that i don't have to do anything because as long as i don't enrol the money wont be paid.
I'll try calling them up again and i'll ask them to delete my 2013/2014 account.
If i sent them a letter they probably wont even see it until its too late!

Thanks for your help again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
tsultana1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for all your help.
I just called them up again and finished talking to them. The lady actually said that i don't have to delete my old account, i can just log in an start a new application and just adjust any details that have changed
Much easier lol

Thanks again for all your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.16%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.43%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.09%
Financial worries (60)
6.72%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.27%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.06%

Watched Threads