drewjchaos
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am really unsure as to whether I should apply for Criminology or Law. I don't have a clue where Criminology takes you and I think I would like to work in Social Family Law, so this brings sociology into the mix too? Typical offers for Socio/Criminology are AAB-ABB, and then Law is, of course, AAA.

I'm just confused where Criminology will take me, however if it gets me down the right route I am willing to do an MA after. If anyone can help me that would be great, thank you in advance!

My AS:
English Literature
History
Sociology
Philosophy of Religion and Ethics
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by drewjchaos)
I am really unsure as to whether I should apply for Criminology or Law. I don't have a clue where Criminology takes you and I think I would like to work in Social Family Law, so this brings sociology into the mix too? Typical offers for Socio/Criminology are AAB-ABB, and then Law is, of course, AAA.

I'm just confused where Criminology will take me, however if it gets me down the right route I am willing to do an MA after. If anyone can help me that would be great, thank you in advance!

My AS:
English Literature
History
Sociology
Philosophy of Religion and Ethics
Well if you wanted to become a Family Lawyer you would need a qualifying law degree- either the LLB or the Graduate Diploma. Be warned that the graduate diploma isn't funded by student finance- you will need at least £5k for fees in order to do this.

Read this article for information about Criminology
http://criminologycareerstoday.com/

And Kent's graduate destinations
http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/criminology.htm

Looking at most of the destinations though it seems many are in careers that don't require a Criminology degree or are having to go onto further study to qualify in Law.
Fowell555
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You could always do both? Some Uni's offer joints in Criminology and Law, and if you major Criminology, you'll leave with a BA (Hons) or if you major Law you could get LLB (Hons), however by majoring law there's still room to study Criminology which would help you within the court room. As a Criminology student myself, I wish I'd looked into combining with a Law degree as it covers perspectives of Criminal Justice and we cover Law within our Criminology degree to!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (420)
56.68%
I don't have everything I need (321)
43.32%

Watched Threads