Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...mate-says.html

This is just ridiculous can the Tory Telegraph not do anything better than Nigel has a weakness for women, how shocking, do they really think this is going to put voters off voting UKIP.

What does everything think of smearing and does it effect how you vote

ReputationRep:
    "partial to crumpet"

Oh god :rofl:

that expression though

ReputationRep:
    All papers have their biases, seriously it isn't a big deal.

In fact many Telegraph readers actually support UKIP.
    When reading the blog commets on the Telegraph site many of them are rants about LibLabCon and often at the end say "Vote UKIP".

This is one of the tamest "smears" I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcatas)
    All papers have their biases, seriously it isn't a big deal.

In fact many Telegraph readers actually support UKIP.
    When reading the blog commets on the Telegraph site many of them are rants about LibLabCon and often at the end say "Vote UKIP".

This is one of the tamest "smears" I have ever seen.
    This. Might even be the worst smear in British political history (note: I'm by no means an expert on such matters).

WRT thread title, I guess it is a new low in regards to how **** this smear is, that's it though.

ReputationRep:
    Oddly enough, isnt there a coalition minister up in front of the beak today for an alleged weakness for other men?
    Funny old world .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Politics would not be politics without this sort of thing.

It's Oxbridge's answer to Hollyoaks.

ReputationRep:
    There's more than enough substance to defeat Nigel Farage's claims and scare-mongering. A co-ordinated attack by the media of an outsider politician can easily lead to bolstering their status as the anti-establishment candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. That's what the media do. You were all happy to jump on the smearing of Ed Milliband's father, don't pretend that you're outraged when someone takes a stab at UKIP.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2014
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.