Is Henley Business School worth it?? Watch

Estater
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello everyone,
I am German and thinking about studying my master degree in the UK.I received an offer for "Real Estate MSc" from Henley Business School.
However, that school is almost twice as expensive as the Uni of Glasgow or Westminster (where I also received offers).
Now I don't know if Henley Business School is worth it spending 15.000 pounds for that degree. Do you think those tuition fees are worth it? Is the reputation that good of Henley Business School?

I would be very happy about some advice! :-)

Best... Estater
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It is a good business school and that is a fairly good program but whether it is worth it or not depends what you want to do with that MSc.
Estater
Rep:
?
I wanna work in real estate development. Preferably in Berlin, Germany later on... bu i am also open for an international career. :-)
sj27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm no expert in the field but I've seen a fair number of people say that's the best real estate program in the UK.
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I friend works as surveyor in property development in London, he did a MSc RE at Henley and reckons it is Britain's leading programme if you wish to go into large scale property development (retail and commercial), RE finance, property portfolio management. Other concentrations (urban planning, finance, planning law, architecture) may lead to other unis. Henley puts theory into practice, has good lecturers and solid reputation among property employers. It is more expensive than Glasgow and value depends on your funding, goals and leverage. If you wish to return to Berlin, it is doubtful if German firms know the difference. £15K tuition is a lot of money and you need a lucrative job to recoup investment.

For UK surveyors, most would go on and earn a professional qualification such as RICS (2-3 years, recorded logbook and exam) and it is apparently well recognised in the UK, but also Gulf States and former Colonies (HK and Singapore). Some international Brit firms such as LaSalle or British Land would specify RICS for some mid level jobs.

Glasgow offers a good education at more reasonable rates. Glasgow has actually the better B-School, but its MSc is not as stellar as Henley B-School. I would avoid Westminster, I heard horrid stories about some of its MSc management courses.
nanong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have received an offer as well , but wondering in tuition fee is not same as I've. I'm from Asia. It's more expensive than your.
sj27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nanong)
I have received an offer as well , but wondering in tuition fee is not same as I've. I'm from Asia. It's more expensive than your.
Most unis charge international students more than home fees. EU students get to pay home fees.
Estater
Rep:
?
Thank you for all your answers! Especially to Tcannon! It really helped me!

@nanong: Yes I know for overseas students it is much more. Will you still confirm the offer?
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Estater)

@nanong: Yes I know for overseas students it is much more. Will you still confirm the offer?
You are welcome. Just wondering, I thought for most German students with RE goals, EBS MS RE is well regarded and would be default choice? Unless you are put off by previous dean's legal problems.

My friend also told me that some work related experience is vital, either full time work in related areas or internships. If you are straight from BA into MSc RE without RE work, it will be tough to land a job.
nanong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Estater)

@Estater
I received 2 offer from Reading and Glasgow as the same programme. I have to sleep on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads