0 - I don't play games (2)
5.88%
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey TSR

Games collections: We've all got them. Be it a small handful or a gargantuan mountain of games, most of us will have more than just the one!

My question is this: How many of your games in your collection do you regularly play? Do you go round them all quite frequently or do you keep of games you never play aside from that one time a year you might fancy it?

There will be a poll. Be patient!
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would say I've got around 50 games for 360 including XBLA games. I play 3 of them regularly, being:

F1 2013
MW3
Forza 4

It's a lonely life for most of my games it seems!
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think I have about 15-20 games. I tend to play 1 game regularly until I get bored and buy something new, or switch to another game. Occasionally one of the other games gets played, but I'm in a bit of a gaming down point, none of them really excite me right now, I just play for something to do.
Tom_green_day
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
42 on PS3
14 on PS2
7 on PSP
2 on PC (discs)
17 on Steam
And a load of old PC discs that don't work on modern PCs so I won't count them.
So that makes 82 games I play frequently. Wow, didn't realise it was so many!
EDIT: Forgot Mass Effect 1, my only digital download on PS3! That brings the total to 83 games that I've played recently.
EDIT 2: Actually that's counting Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 GOTY as 2 different games. I'm not sure if it counts or not as I have them as separate discs.
username33685
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have a ridiculous number of games between PC and consoles. I only play a small percentage regularly, perhaps FIFA, Counter Strike and one of the F1 games as they can be quick 10 minute sessions if I have a bit of time to kill. Other than that I usually only play through a game once, and maybe once again to get all the trophies/achievements. The exceptions are my favourite games, like Mass Effect, where I played through them again the month before the sequels came out just to get me in the mood and reacquainted with the universe again.

There are always new games to play, or games I missed at the time and picked up in a steam sale, so I rarely feel the need to go back and replay something I've already experienced.
Aivicore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My collection:
- 116 games on Steam
- Around 20 older PC games
- 300+ console/retro games (What can I say, I grew up in a pirate family and inherited the collection! )

Rather disgracefully, the only things I regularly play at the moment are L4D2, War Thunder and Dark Souls. There are a few favourites that I've played through countless times, like Shenmue, FF7/8, Mass Effect, Jet Set Radio, Super Metroid...

Occasionally I'll play through another of my Steam games for 20-30 hours, but I always return to L4D2 and War Thunder to relax/numb the ol' brain after a hard day. :p:

Spoiler:
Show

I'm that person who buys every Humble Bundle, and everything in the Steam Sales, going "I'll always find the time to play that some day!" and never do. DAMN YOU GABE.
shadowdweller
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have a fair number of console games, plus a few on Steam. Only ones I play with any regularity are Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokémon and Assassin's Creed.
SciFiRory
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have at least 100 games on all platforms, have like 30+ on my PC, 50+ on my PS2, and at least 30 games on PS3/360/Wii as well

this isn't counting mobile/tablet games either...

prized possessions include limited editions of Gears of War 1-3, Buckaneer edition of Assassins Creed IV, limited edition of GTA V...
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I regularly play 3 or 4 games usually from different genres. The games in my collection I don't frequently revisit will get played once every couple of months
miser
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have a few games, around 30 maybe - mostly PS1 and PS2, but some on Xbox 360 and PC. A few more if we count apps on my phone. I don't play many these days though. It's very rare that I'll play one except for a couple of minutes occasionally on my phone.
StayCee089
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I always buy loads of games but I always resort back to COD because that's what my friends play the most and I like to have a laugh with them while playing :-) Im also a massive skyrim nerd.. Ohh the amount of time ive wasted on that game oops!
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well the thing is once I started volunteering at a charity shop, I got a continuous avalanche of free games and consoles. Plus I know where to look to find those one-off cheap prices (cheap as in <£2 or 90% off, not a generic Steam Sale where something's still £15). So currently I'm still playing through the ones I haven't played. I have a backlog, but it's one I'm actually going to get through. I've no need to keep buying games just because they look a bit interesting or are a bit cheaper than yesterday, which is a trap a lot of people fall into, and end up kinda bragging about or listing on a website as if they'll ever finish them all.

I figure after I've played all that and kept the ones I'll like, I'll still be playing a few 'infinite' games (like Football Manager and online) along with new ones I get. You can't play any games forever, and some can't be played regularly, like old games or just linear single-player games. They'll only get played when the mood hits.
NathanW18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I rarely go back to games once I've completed them. I still keep every game I buy, though.There's a very small collection that I do go back to. They would be Zelda OoT, Final Fantasy X, Mass Effect (each one), and Mario Kart Wii. I will likely go back and play The Last of Us again. I've already played it 3 times, so that won't happen soon.
garfeeled
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
got about 40.

For most games i go through moods of playing followed by not playing for ages then playing again ect

Though there are some i play constantly.
Mass effect series.
Kotor series (not the on-line one, never played that)
Neverwinter nigts series.
Planescape torment
ManimalBaptista
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it even possible to play 100 games regularly? Or 20?
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's difficult to estimate what the percentage rate of my play is. I have a lot of old video games, but I guess that I play just a fractional part of my collection by now. It must be less than 25%.
EarthlingyThingy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I may on occasion play Happy Wheels.

Bow down before my collection.
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ManimalBaptista)
Is it even possible to play 100 games regularly? Or 20?
100 games? never! possibly 20, but not 100. Who on earth has so much time to play so many games?
MidnightDream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think around 30 on PS2, 10 on Wii, 20 ish on DS and maybe 5 on PC

Posted from TSR Mobile
College_Dropout
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have quite the collection..
CoD4
CoD5
CoD MW2
CoD B/Ops
CoD MW3
CoD B/Ops 2
CoD Ghosts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.89%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.44%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (94)
17.84%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (77)
14.61%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.25%
How can I be the best version of myself? (158)
29.98%

Watched Threads