The Student Room Group

How can I be motivated to revise? / How should I revise?

Apart from in lesson time, I never revised to any of my GCSE's and got all A's and B's however I have not revised at all at A-Level and it just doesn't seem to be working, especially in chemistry.

I do:
English Language
Chemistry
Biology
Psychology

But I find I just never ever have the motivation to revise or do any homework. It is getting to the point where I think I may only manage D 's and C 's in my exams......

I guess I am asking how on earth can I motivate myself to revise and if I manage to do that, do any of you have any incredibly receptive methods of revision? Thanks a lot for reading. (Sorry if there are any spelling or grammatical errors, this was all written very quickly on a tablet).
Reply 1
Would you be happy with C's and D's? If not then use that as motivation to do better
Reply 2
Original post by TRN
Apart from in lesson time, I never revised to any of my GCSE's and got all A's and B's however I have not revised at all at A-Level and it just doesn't seem to be working, especially in chemistry.

I do:
English Language
Chemistry
Biology
Psychology

But I find I just never ever have the motivation to revise or do any homework. It is getting to the point where I think I may only manage D 's and C 's in my exams......

I guess I am asking how on earth can I motivate myself to revise and if I manage to do that, do any of you have any incredibly receptive methods of revision? Thanks a lot for reading. (Sorry if there are any spelling or grammatical errors, this was all written very quickly on a tablet).

Im not sure where you live, but when I lived in a sunny place I used to take my chemistry nightmare work and sit in the garden to do it. Just wherever you feel really comfortable and happy or else it'll be a complete drag. Procrastination just gets worse the more it's exercised.
I suppose english language and psychology you could practice essay writing in comfortable places, then equip yourself with ear plugs and good snacks for the sciences..
Reply 3
Well on results day, if you do not revise, you will see a results sheet which says UUU.

I'm guessing you don't want that. So REVISE. It's hard I'm used to doing all nighters, I got myself into a bad habit.

Quick Reply

Latest