Re-Taking Maths Modules Watch

This discussion is closed.
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
At my first attempt at S1 this January with Edexcel I was unable to revise and only just made it to the Exam because I was ill; I achieved a U for it!!! I handed in a doctors note, and re-took the exam a few weeks ago, but the thing is, I'm not sure how it went, and would love the opportunity to re-take after the Summer in the November series.

Will I still be able to re-take this exam in my A2 year even though I've already taken it twice? There's mixed rumours circulating about re-sits and how many can be taken.

Ta
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that if you want to repeat the same module twice, you have to cash in your result for that first time you took it. Then basically, that mark gets taken away, and your second mark is kept. Then after you have retaken the module , the choice is b/w that mark and the mark you got when you first retook the module. Actually is very complicated. If you want to retake a module for a second time next year, ask you teacher if they allow you to do so, and take it from there. But then, there's always the possibility that you won't have to reatke it twice anyway, so my advice is don't worry about it until the time arrives (if it arrives at all.)
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the way it works in my school is that you can re-sit a modlue as many times as you want, but they will only take the highest mark out of the last two attempts for your final mark.

ie, if u sat s1 in jan and got a u,
s1 in may and got a c,
and s1 in the next one and got a d

they'd consider the c and d and take the c as your finnal grade.

howerer if you sat it a forth time and got a d again. they would take your 3rd and forth grade, which both being a d, they woudl take a d as your final grade.

so if ur not happy with this new grade u get this summer, u can still sit again, and even if you get a worse grade, you'll keep the highest one (becasue you failed the first one)

love Katy ***
texan trucker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ya katy is rite.. u can take the exam 27 times fro all they care.. but they'll only consider no.26 and 27 if u got a B then a C in the next one... make sure u r well prepared if u retake or u lose the B
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmm, i never knew it worked like that.

its nice to know.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads