The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Uni decisions

Hi, struggling to make my firm choice for Graphic Design - would value anyones opinion between Nottingham Trent and Manchester Metropolitan University?

Reply 1
I'm in the exact same position! I've got unconditional offers from Manchester met, Nottingham trent both for Graphic Design and don't have a clue which one to go for!!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Look at the accommodation. That's how I made my decisions. Look at the rooms and type of living conditions because that's the place that you're going to have to live in for 3 years or more, its essential that you at least like it there.
Reply 3
Would you prefer to live in Nottingham or Manchester? Visit the cities, visit the universities. You may have to do this more than once to really make up your mind. And it's ok not to rush into a decision about it -- it's your future.
Reply 4
I got offers from both. Put it this way...

I'm from Nottingham and I was 100% set on moving away, but Trent is brilliant. It had so much more of an energy than Met did and the tutors had lived a life of industry which is something I hold valuable.

At Met the tutors just didn't seem to have the same passion or enthusiasm than they did at Trent and it was evident in the students' work. The work at Trent was challenging - you could see that the tutors push their students to find their own styles because the work on display is so diverse, but at Met the work they had to show us wasn't anything special and had nothing on Trent's.

One thing I do love about Met was the layout of the building. All the different types of students work amongst each other like a creative beehive - I would imagine it would encourage collaboration which is an interesting aspect to think about.

Nottingham as a city is amazing, I love it so much. Usually people have no praise for their home town but I don't have enough.

You have to visit the Universities that you're considering though. The strongest thing that makes me want to pick Trent is the gut feeling I got when I was there. It just felt right.

Hope my long-winded drivel helps guys.
Reply 5
I've visited both uni's and got a good feeling for both of them.

Nottingham trent has a good reputation for graphic design and the course seems really good. Manchester is just a really cool city and I love the idea of living there, plus the course doesn't look bad there either.

It's so hard to decide!!
Reply 6
In that case the only thing I'd say is keep visiting the cities until May when you have to make your choice. You've got to enjoy the city at the end of the day, otherwise Uni will be all the more difficult. Good luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending