The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Strathclyde

I've gotten Bachelor of accountancy and have no experience and I'm a Asian student.

MSc Accounting and Finance - U of Manchester

vs

MSc International Accounting and Finance - Strathclyde

Which one is better for future career path/employment?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Just some metrics for decision making. profile (work experience, BA Business?), goals, area of interests. Home or overseas student, tuition fee sensitive or no matter
Reply 2
Original post by Tcannon
Just some metrics for decision making. profile (work experience, BA Business?), goals, area of interests. Home or overseas student, tuition fee sensitive or no matter

I've gotten Bachelor of accountancy and have no experience and I'm a Asian student.

I'm deciding about which one is better for employment
Reply 3
The FT 2013 ranks Strathclyde's MFin (30th worldwide) higher than MBS. I heard for home students that Strathclyde has advantages: lower tuition fee, better ROI, more collaborative environment, varied learning platform and smaller classes with face time.

MBS has larger classes and B-School, but more electives and possibly more hiring firms and better contacts in England. Apparently some profs are too busy for Q&A/teaching and student satisfaction suffers. I think MBS is a bit better known abroad and its B-School is more established. MBS has more MSc programmes and hence larger student population.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending