wanna-be-doctor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Am I right in thinking I don't need A level maths to study medicine or do I definitely need this confused or am I wrong infact can someone tell me exactly what I need in regards to A levels please aiming for southapton school of medicine or bristol
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by wanna-be-doctor)
Am I right in thinking I don't need A level maths to study medicine or do I definitely need this confused or am I wrong infact can someone tell me exactly what I need in regards to A levels please aiming for southapton school of medicine or bristol
You don't need maths to study medicine.

Choose chemistry and biology, and then another subject that you like doing.

See here for more info on what Southampton/Bristol need: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...l_requirements
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You do not need it. Some unis like one of maths or physics but by no means are they essential. 3A's however are essential so do what you'll achieve best in

Posted from TSR Mobile
wanna-be-doctor
Rep:
?
Business A level
Do I need English??? Tutors tell me different things is very confusing I want either Southampton they have an amazing Hospital or Bristol near my sister cant make head nor tail of this table it doesnt actually specify what is a general study that's where i am confused
(Original post by Beska)
You don't need maths to study medicine.

Choose chemistry and biology, and then another subject that you like doing.

See here for more info on what Southampton/Bristol need: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...l_requirements
Beska
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Business A level
Do I need English??? Tutors tell me different things is very confusing I want either Southampton they have an amazing Hospital or Bristol near my sister cant make head nor tail of this table it doesnt actually specify what is a general study that's where i am confused
What? The table is very clear and explicit in what subjects are required for each medical school.

You don't need English. Check the table, it does not state that you need an English A2.

'General Studies' is the name of a subject, and is not accepted by any medical school.
wanna-be-doctor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beska)
What? The table is very clear and explicit in what subjects are required for each medical school.

You don't need English. Check the table, it does not state that you need an English A2.

'General Studies' is the name of a subject, and is not accepted by any medical school.
Ah I understand that I wasn't sure if that was general studies EG critical thinking or if it was the actually course....

Ok well I'll be taking Biology, Chemistry, Business studies and maybe English at A level and drop A2

Thank you x
Beska
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah I understand that I wasn't sure if that was general studies EG critical thinking or if it was the actually course....

Ok well I'll be taking Biology, Chemistry, Business studies and maybe English at A level and drop A2

Thank you x
Be sure to email the universities you are thinking of applying to, but as far as I am aware those should be fine.
HCubed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Beska)
Be sure to email the universities you are thinking of applying to, but as far as I am aware those should be fine.

I think I would double check they all acept Business Studies.
wanna-be-doctor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beska)
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (718)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads