The Student Room Group

Is this sexual assault?

According to the definition "touching the boobs without permission is sexual assault."

But does if you're making out with your girlfriend does anyone actually say, "Please may I have permission to touch your boobs now?" I would say that most people just go for it and if she doesn't like it she'll move your hands down somewhere else. Or have we all been sexually assaulting each other without realising it? :eek:

Also, what do you think the punishment should be.

I think probably if it was a stranger who was just walking passed then one week in jail or some community service would be right. Or do you think people might say, yeah, it was worth one week in jail for that?

Also, I think if a women on her hen night grabbed a guy by his lunch box then she should also have a week in jail. Fairs fair.
I'm pretty sure if it is reasonably believed that consent is given then its not sexual assault. If she's your girlfriend and you're kissing her, I'd say that it is reasonable to believe she would consent to you touching her on her boobs. If, however she pushed your hand away and you persisted, it would be unreasonable to believe that consent is given.
Reply 2
So in terms of bases the law should be:

"A sexual assault has occurred if someone goes for base N+1 having not gone passed base N".

Right? Because if you're at base N then you can reasonable assume that consent has been given to attempt for base N+1. (Sorry, I like my algebra!)

Why is this not in the law? I think the law needs to be updated.
(edited 10 years ago)
My boyfriend grabbed my boobs before we'd even kissed for the first time (we went about things a weird way. :tongue:). He didn't assault me, even if he hadn't asked before he'd done it. :lol:
That's a risk you've got to take brah, a girl can shout rape during consented sex and get you banged up.

Get a permission slip to touch boobs/have sex with girls, that's what I do.
Reply 5
Original post by noobynoo

Why is this not in the law?

It is.

Also, reaching N does not give you permission to proceed to N+1. Your partner may be quite happy to remain at N. He or she would have to give some indication (and the law recognises consent in forms other than just verbal or written) that they are OK with you proceeding. This really isn't that difficult.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah depends if it was reasonable to think aged consent, hence why it wouldn't be if it was your girlfriend/if you were kissing but would if it was a stranger.
I agree that the sane should (and does) apply - guys are just less likely to report.
Reply 7
Original post by WackyJun
It is.

Is it? Does the law say:

"If you are kissing then you are then allowed to go for the boobs?"
"If you are at the boob stage you are then entitled to have a try for downstairs?"

I would like to see that law. Unless its an unwritten law.
(edited 10 years ago)
If it's with your girlfriend or boyfriend although you don't ask the question you sort of know whether their is permission to do so
However In situations such as a under 18 and someone older where their no consent or in a situation where consent can't be proven or shown it's sexual assault. Such as if it's a randomer

I believe that it depends on how much trauma the offence has caused, how long it was for, and just the situation where it was taken place in general should determine the punishment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Is it? Does the law say:

"If you are kissing then you are then allowed to go for the boobs?"
"If you are at the boob stage you are then entitled to have a try for downstairs?"

I would like to see that law. Unless its an unwritten law.

See my edited post.
Reply 10
Original post by WackyJun
See my edited post.

I see your post. Yeah, but try getting signals from women. They think men are mind readers. They're like "well he should have known I wanted him to go further." How exactly? Do we have psychic powers?
I see your post. Yeah, but try getting signals from women. They think men are mind readers. They're like "well he should have known I wanted him to go further." How exactly? Do we have psychic powers?

Much to learn, you still have. :wink:
Reply 12
To grab the boob without consent is sexual assault. An accidental bump or cup does not come under this because it concerns intended grabbing of boob.

To suggest a 'structure' for progressing seems rather restricted, one fun game is to see how far you can get without kissing, another is how far without using hands at all, structure for how people do their relationship under a law? No thanks! Teach people how to be decent human beings? Yes please!

Also, to know when there is a green boob grab flag requires the ability to read body language, it's not too hard once you know what to spot. So in a way, they're observational powers, which are often mistaken for psychic powers.

Quick Reply

Latest