Worst breakup you've ever been through? How did you cope?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
We've all been through a rough time at some point. How did you cope? What happened?
brownbearxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Time, a few rebounds and very good friends.
suzannataylor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There was a guy who really really messed me around, dumping me and then saying he really liked me again so many times and then in the end sleeping with one of my friends and lying to me about it. I shouted at him a lot, hung out with my friends, drank a lot of wine, and went to Mexico for a month.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
cheated on. i don't know how long it went on for but i'd guess a few months, first love.

time heals.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I ended up having the most ridiculous manic episode where I did so much unbelievable bs. I couldn't cope well so during my severe rapid cycling I somehow managed to turn myself into a bit of a psychopath because I became scared of going through the same thing again. I pushed my closest two friends away because I was scared they'd also leave. I completely lost myself.

I'm fine now. It broke me and changed me entirely but I forced myself to get over it quickly because I refused to be the type who longed for a relationship that was over a long time ago. Thankfully I realised it was going to end about a week before (on Valentines day, of all days! :lol:) I actually let it die so when I enabled a simple end it was more a "I knew it!" than "omg this isn't happening". It was just the coping with the end and the realisation that I'll lose my source of happiness that broke me. Months after it ended I found out I was a bipolar and borderline personality disorder sufferer which would explain why I reacted in the way in which I reacted with all the mania and rapid cycling and all of that.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ---yaboy)
You only think about yourself don't you?

selfish

Damn right.
95winoj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
rebound, focus on yourself and do things you love, cut all contact with him, date again, spend time with friends and fam
daydreamer4life
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He left me for another girl. I was heart-broken, and went into NC with him. However, I unfortunately still spend a year moping...
Until I started liking someone else and now I am in a relationship with him Yay!
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Any relationship where you get dumped but still harbour feelings or fancy the pants of them. And usually their previous love is just turned off like a switch.

Coping is mainly feeling sad for too long, relying on friends and a lot of alcohol. Would be up for some therapeutic rebound sex too, but generally don't find this so easy to come by.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I switched off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
elpistolero7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only the 1 breakup after almost a 4 year relationship. She cheated. I got angry, broke up.

Tis when I discovered the joys of my newest best friend, Johnnie Walker. Watched a lot of Friends, then eventually took out all my anger in the gym. Shagging someone new was what finally got me to stop thinking about her and how things ended though.
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The first guy I've ever loved cheated on me then dumped me by text. I was broken but I had to fight back. That mentality saved me and I got over it eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.91%
No (423)
66.09%

Watched Threads