RoseBrilliante
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Krao)
Considering 3 sciences and acc. maths
is 3 sciences at A2 + AS hard? thanks
Certainly not, if you think you're capable. They all link together so are good in that way. I have friends who are doing three sciences at A2 that are coping fine. As for me, I'm doing two sciences and maths and actually really enjoying it.
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You need to tell us your abilities before we can make a judgement. If you found them relatively straightforward at GCSE and enjoyed them (this is key) then you should do well.

Nevertheless, AS is obviously more demanding for the sciences and maths so I'd make sure that you think you could handle them before you begin. Many students take maths, two sciences and a third humanity/social science/language. This choice is good because it will provide a "break" from the science and maths.

But if you think you're capable, go for it. They're very respected alevels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Krao
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
yeah, I am also considering taking 2 sciences, maths and economics, but that is quite a heavy workload as well. I am capable of doing any sciences, but I don't know what biology is like at A-level and how hard it is?

I would like to go into dentistry, but that requires biology at A-level and I don't know if i would like it???.
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Krao)
yeah, I am also considering taking 2 sciences, maths and economics, but that is quite a heavy workload as well. I am capable of doing any sciences, but I don't know what biology is like at A-level and how hard it is?

I would like to go into dentistry, but that requires biology at A-level and I don't know if i would like it???.
Personally I think biology is the easiest of the 3 sciences and maths - a lot of memory work. If you're good at that you'll be fine
hassassin04
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TajwarC)
Personally I think biology is the easiest of the 3 sciences and maths - a lot of memory work. If you're good at that you'll be fine
Really?
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're good at sciences and like them, then no.

I did maths, physics, geography (at A Level it's barely a science), history and further maths at AS. I did well in all of them except history because (with the exception of one history module) I really enjoyed them.
TajwarC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hassassin04)
Really?
Yeah, in chemistry/maths/physics there is a lot of calculation work (chemistry not so much, but there are still aspects to it) so you only really need to remember definitions and formulas (also you're given a formula sheet so it's not difficult to remember the formulas) whereas in bio you need to remember tons of definitions and processes (such as DNA replication for example) which have many steps, in order to get full marks on the question. Basically, biology doesn't have much calculation work. Calculation work doesn't require you to remember tons of stuff
hassassin04
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TajwarC)
Yeah, in chemistry/maths/physics there is a lot of calculation work (chemistry not so much, but there are still aspects to it) so you only really need to remember definitions and formulas (also you're given a formula sheet so it's not difficult to remember the formulas) whereas in bio you need to remember tons of definitions and processes (such as DNA replication for example) which have many steps, in order to get full marks on the question. Basically, biology doesn't have much calculation work. Calculation work doesn't require you to remember tons of stuff
Ok, misunderstanding here. Thought you were talking about maths.
TajwarC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hassassin04)
Ok, misunderstanding here. Thought you were talking about maths.
Ah right. My bad
Krao
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
yeah so i chose chemistry, physics, economics and further mathematics (2 a levels - basically an AS and A2 in normal maths + As and A2 in further maths). Is this a very "calculatory" combination and is it a lot to do? lol calculatory should be a verb.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (189)
43.65%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.62%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
21.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.62%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.77%

Watched Threads