The Student Room Group

Have you ever had any celeb encounters?

BijQ6b0IIAAmDQ_.jpg

found this on twitter , just wondering if anyone here has had any celeb encounters , like met them or been tweeted by them or even appeared on the TV.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was on the show 50/50 when i was 12 and met Angelica. :h:
Reply 2
Celeb encounters are not important to me, but I have met a few.
Reply 3
Does sort of jumping on Thelma from Big Fat Gypsy Weddings at Dublin airport count?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Got told off by Pat Butcher (can't think of her real name) when I was younger.
Reply 5
Konnie Huq! :smile:

I was working at a restaurant which she went into with her husband, baby and their two friends. I went up to her and asked her if she was Konnie Huq to which she replied: "Yes, and are you Bangladeshi?" :lol:

She seemed really nice! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Torigirl
Got told off by Pat Butcher (can't think of her real name) when I was younger.

Pam St.Clements. Why did she tell you off?
Reply 7
No, but my dad has had his leg touched by Dale Winton :wink:
Reply 8
Sat on Darren Campbell's lap and had my picture taken when I was 8 (he came to our school).

He's an athlete.
Reply 9
I saw Benedict Cumberbatch in King's Cross station when he was filming this new war film and there was a really old train.

I was more interested in the train.
Original post by Quick-use
Konnie Huq! :smile:

I was working at a restaurant which she went into with her husband, baby and their two friends. I went up to her and asked her if she was Konnie Huq to which she replied: "Yes, and are you Bangladeshi?" :lol:

She seemed really nice! :biggrin:

Isn't she married to Charlie Brooker? You've met two celebs :smile:
Original post by Add!ction
Isn't she married to Charlie Brooker? You've met two celebs :smile:

Oh yeah, of course! :biggrin:
Met Will.iam at Harrods he was in toy kingdom :lol: Met Jack Dee quite a few times as my brother goes to the same school as his sons and have met Roberto Di Matteo as his daughter goes to my school :smile:
Yep, I've met loads. I met Professor Brian Cox in M and S King's Road just last week :tongue:
Michael Caine

Gerard Pique was in my house once before he was famous. Various other footballers
(edited 10 years ago)
Every morning when I look in the mirror :ahee:

No but really I'm neigbours with Carl Froch. We chat at the bus stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I once walked past (and nearly into) Gordon Ramsay in Winchester and half yelled to my mum 'Oh my god, it's the guy from TV!' He walked away pretty fast afterwards.

Does that count?
Reply 17
I ran into Phil Jupitus in Selfridges a few years ago, the morning after watching him perform in 'Hairspray'. I blurted out something like 'wow hi you were so good last night derp derp hi' and he pulled a silly face at me and I scurried away... it was all very mature. I think he was with his wife. He looked much larger in person, although that was when he was bigger in general.

Oh and Geldof lives in my hometown, I'd see him occasionally in the crappy public library, which was surreal. May have been a homeless guy though on a couple of occasions, we still liked to think it was Bob.

Annd my ex's dad used to play with Ozzy Osbourne, if that counts. ;D
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by easyastau
I saw Benedict Cumberbatch in King's Cross station when he was filming this new war film and there was a really old train.

I was more interested in the train.

Jealous! Although on second thoughts, the train sounds more exciting... Was it The Imitation Game they were filming?
Reply 19
Nick from Corrie (Ben Price) was in the same gym as me once, he was on the running machine that was 2 away from me lol :s-smilie:.

Don't think if I'd class him as a celeb really though.

Quick Reply