Abstain (12)
33.33%
This discussion is closed.
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
P45 - Petition: Britain for a NEW State-funded Postal Service, Proposed by abrackLike many others, I am outraged that some time ago this current government stole our state funded postal service, Royal Mail for their own benefit.

My petition today is simple:

1. Bring a NEW state funded postal service
2. Have rates that are affordable for the British Public
3. Stop cuts to the Royal Mail and bring workers from there to this new, efficient state-funded postal service.

1 & 2. By bringing a new State funded postal service into the country, we can offer affordable shipping rates and have a new service which we can all rely on to deliver. Having affordable rates makes it better for the British economy as cheaper rates could result in more online business' using the services thus, boosting the economy.

3. No more cuts! This new state-funded service says NO to cuts and privatization of other state-funded service available. No to cutting jobs. The new postal organization will result in over 5,000 jobs nationwide, getting Britain back to work.

You may not agree, but I believe it is time to fight back and take back what the British public deserve.

Thank you.
chrisawhitmore
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. The state should not subsidise the inefficient environmental disaster that is the practice of sending messages that could be communicated digitally by inscribing them on bits of bleached tree and then having someone drive those bits of tree across the country.
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The Ayes to the right: 8
The Noes to the left: 16
Abstentions: 12

So the Noes have it, the Noes have it. Unlock.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise