PGCE Secondary Chemistry Interview Help Watch

SZS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I've got an interview next week for Secondary Chemistry and I wonder how people have gone about preparing for this?

There's one bit I am a bit confused about which says:
'There will be a KS3/4 science subject knowledge audit and you will also be asked to complete a literacy task.'

To those who have already had an interview and have had something similar to this, what do they mean by the audit? Do they ask you specific questions or what? Cos when I look online all I see are boxes that you have to tick to display you level of confidence in certain parts of the syllabus.

Hope someone can help,
Thanks!
masif8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
I also have an interview on Wednesday for Secondary Chemistry. If you have been to yours could you please let me know how it went and what sort of questions they ask.

Thanks
Faaiza123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi both,

At what uni's are your interviews at? I have my first pgce interview next week. Just wondering if you can shed some light on the written tasks and the interview?
SZS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Faaiza123)
Hi both,

At what uni's are your interviews at? I have my first pgce interview next week. Just wondering if you can shed some light on the written tasks and the interview?
Im afraid I cant. TSR deleted my last post and gave me some email saying i cant dicuss interviews and stuff like that
practice is key
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i had my interview last week went well and got an offer but need to brush up on my subject knowledge of all sciences.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To give yourself and idea about subject audit google the national curriculum for KS3 science and then look at the specifications for GCSE. Try OCR, AQA and Ed Excel.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed