The Student Room Group

Re-sitting first year.

I started University in September, but I feel that I've gone off for a bad start and my grades have not exactly been great. I want to stay on till the end of my course for the end of the year.

But I'm wondering how do I go about approaching asking to re-sit the whole of the first year again?
Most universities will only let you resit if you fail multiple modules and any resits you are offered. You will usually have to explain your failiure in order to be allowed to re-sit. Not all universities allow this, so do check the policy of your university carefully.

You are not normally allowed to resit to improve your grade. I believe this never happens at UK universities. As first year doesn't usually count much (or at all) towards your final degree classification, doing this would be a waste of time and money.

If you don't feel solid on first year content, I suggest doing lots of revision over the summer before second year. It may also be worth talking to some of your lecturers now about how you are doing and asking them for advice on improving.

Quick Reply

Latest