The Student Room Group

Fun ways to annoy flatmates?

Basically, my flatmates are thieving wastes of spaces. Not all of them, which was part of the problem for a long time, but I've accepted the nice ones as collateral damage now and things have been much more fun ever since. Don't want to bang on about it here, and I know everyone hates their flatmates, but I've tried to resolve things from talking to them and attempting to arrange a pow-wow, but the main problem person doesn't want to. I've decided to just have some lols for my last few weeks living with them. Some of the people I lived with last year stole from me too, and my deepest regret is that I never annoyed them and was always civil :moon:

I was wondering if anyone had any subtle ways to annoy them? I'm not looking for the 'pee in their milk' sort of thing, or anything that would be really out of line, more just things that will irk them for a couple days until they can appreciate they earned it. An example would be that one of them keeps turning the modem off at random times to annoy me, so whenever he does I stroll downstairs and flick the mains off. Or that someone has been stealing my sugar for a while, so I sprinkled it with laxatives and was actually surprised how much they've worked. :toofunny:

Nothing that could cause harm please, just stuff that they too can at least look back and laugh at one day. Or if you want to share any pranks you've done on flatmates... :awesome:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lube in toothpaste
Flour in hairdryer (girl)
Jam/Honey/Something-sticky on bedroom door handle
Cling film over toilet (under the seat and over the hole)

As you can imagine, I was the worst sibling possible :colonhash:
Tabasco sauce in the bottom of a straw... They suck in and get a hot surprise
Reply 3
Cover everything in tin foil.

Place plastic cups of water absolutely everywhere. Floor, beds, anywhere you can think of.
Itching powder in their underwear is a classic that I've yet to do :colone:
If you know the person's phone password, change your contact to 'mum' and send embarrassing texts to 'the wrong number' :colone:
Leave a piece of raw fish in their bedrooms.
Original post by westsidemofo
lube in toothpaste
flour in hairdryer (girl)
jam/honey/something-sticky on bedroom door handle
cling film over toilet (under the seat and over the hole)

as you can imagine, i was the worst sibling possible :colonhash:

dude?!? Not cool.
Don't ever do a dish in your house again.
Reply 9
An example would be that one of them keeps turning the modem off at random times to annoy me

Peeing in the milk wouldn't be off the table if someone was doing this to me. :unimpressed:
Newspaper all their belongings. I know most people do it with wrapping paper but that's such a waste :nooo: Just wrap all their crap in old newspaper and tape it up.

Or move items. Say one of them is reading a book and puts it down on a table. Pick it up and move it to the other side of the room. Somewhere they will find it eventually but it will really piss them off :biggrin:

Also you could take their stuff out of the fridge and just let it rot :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Take a bite out of items that belong to people. Not the whole thing. Just a bite big enough to see :colone:
Reply 12
Walk into the room when they are out and switch everything that is on in their room off at the plug.

If there is any way you can affect the heat of water while they are in the shower, do it.

Change the wifi password at random times. That will truly infuriate.
Buy a rat from the pet store (they are cheap) and put it in the bath.
Reply 14
Original post by WestsideMofo
Don't ever do a dish in your house again.

Wouldn't work, they're slobs.

Tabasco sauce in the bottom of a straw... They suck in and get a hot surprise

Really like this idea :fangs:

Original post by Huskaris

Change the wifi password at random times. That will truly infuriate.

Been doing that one for a while :h:
Reply 15
Steal their socks, they won't know where they've gone (because really, most normal people would steal something else to annoy someone because who would take socks?!) and their feet will be cold :curious:
(edited 10 years ago)
Buy a rat from the pet store (they are cheap) and put it in the bath.

Poor rattie! :frown:

- Sprinkle the house with plastic spiders.
- Sellotape people's keys to the ceiling (works especially well if they're short :colone:).
- voodoo doll in their cupboard.
- if someone wakes you up late at night, wait till they've gone to the loo then pour cold water all over their bed (under the duvet for maximum surprise).
- steal every single pair of shoes they own.

These are all tried and tested by myself (mostly on the same person :teehee:) and were all harmless but annoying for those concerned. :smile:

I've never done this, but mixing dry dog food into someone's cereal could also be fun.
Cabbage their bags.
Replace the cream in Oreos with toothpaste and leave it in plain sight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Take their revision notes and staple them in the middle of the page.

Or

Keep asking them ''Did you brush your teeth today?'' and make a disgusted face.

Quick Reply

Latest