a good fantasy novel or series......

Watch
vasanth mathi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
any suggestions on fantasy novels or series?? i have been searching for some and found some good ones like "kingkiller chronicles" , but not many others that can be read continuously without making u skip pages.:confused:
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you want something similar to the Kingkiller Chronicles? Do you want the series to be completed? Which other fantasy series do you like?
goldenfish
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by vasanth mathi)
any suggestions on fantasy novels or series?? i have been searching for some and found some good ones like "kingkiller chronicles" , but not many others that can be read continuously without making u skip pages.:confused:
Read:
The abhorsen trilogy
The DarkWeaver legacy
Imperial assassin trilogy (which interlocks with the DarkWeaver legacy books)
The power of five
His dark materials

All amazing series
vasanth mathi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deshi)
Do you want something similar to the Kingkiller Chronicles? Do you want the series to be completed? Which other fantasy series do you like?
yeah i would like that. i also read the "gentleman *******s". its one of my favorites.
RandZul'Zorander
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Wheel of Time and Sword of Truth series are both pretty popular if you haven't read them already.
Mr.T_G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin are great. I got them after watching the second season of the HBO TV show Game of Thrones. One of the best fantasy series I've read so far. Definitely worth picking up
vasanth mathi
Rep:
?
(Original post by RandZul'Zorander)
The Wheel of Time and Sword of Truth series are both pretty popular if you haven't read them already.
both are very big series. how much did it take for u to complete those?
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yeah i would like that. i also read the "gentleman *******s". its one of my favorites.
Try Bloodsong by Anthony Ryan. It's similar.

Epic Fantasy:
A Song of Ice and Fire
The Stormlight Archives

Other fantasy:
The Night Angel Trilogy
Demon Cycle
(These two are the only one's that are finished)

Recent fantasy:
The Powder Mage Trilogy
The Emperor's Blades
Malice
RandZul'Zorander
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
both are very big series. how much did it take for u to complete those?
They are admittedly quite big. Wheel of Time took me a while but that was because I was waiting for the books to come out and the author had passed away before the final two were written.

Sword of Truth took me a few months. I guess it would depend on how much/often you read. But if you really like high fantasy, or in depth series then they are really great.
JacobMcLaughlin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has been suggested before, but definitely A Song of Ice and Fire. You might want to wait 10 years for it all to be published though, otherwise you will be waiting a long time for the conclusions.
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not sure if it's sci-fi or sci-fi fantasy but what about the Halo Book series? Or the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas? They're really great series although, the timeline of the Halo series is a bit confusing and complicated since there are different spin-offs, prequels and side stories that it's so hard to track them.
Crumpet1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Belgariad by David Eddings
stella1dd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you ever heard of the video game 'The Witcher'? It's amazing, I really recommend it, and it is based on the series of dark fantasy books under the same title. If you want to start reading , "The Last Wish" and "The Sword of Destiny" are the collections of short stories, which precede the Witcher Saga, containing six novels.
One of my favourite fantasy series.
Really worth reading.
majorajajaja
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by stella1dd)
Have you ever heard of the video game 'The Witcher'? It's amazing, I really recommend it, and it is based on the series of dark fantasy books under the same title. If you want to start reading , "The Last Wish" and "The Sword of Destiny" are the collections of short stories, which precede the Witcher Saga, containing six novels.
One of my favourite fantasy series.
Really worth reading.
The tv show on the other hand :mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (501)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (620)
41.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.56%

Watched Threads