The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Overnight guest policy Heriot Watt

Are the rules regarding guests enforced? i read you had to ask your warden for permission and that they were only allowed to stay two nights a week? Can somebody please confirm this please!
hopefully i will be starting Heriot Watt in Sep 2014 and wanted to know as my boyfriend will be living in England and wanting to visit...
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
That's the policy apparently but I've never heard of anything about it being enforced. Put it this way, my friend's girlfriend stayed with him in halls for about a week and he never got any grief about it. Also, this is the kind of thing for our "Ask a current student" thread :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2600387
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 2
When I went to an individual visit,
I asked how long someone can stay an visit you

The woman said up to a week
Which is great because other universities only allow them to stay for 2 nights or so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Nobody in my halls in first year ever told the warden when they had guests over :tongue: He was a *** warden though...
Reply 4
Is an applicants day more for students or do parents tend to come with the person too?
Reply 5
Original post by mjj22
Is an applicants day more for students or do parents tend to come with the person too?

Its primarily designed for prospective students but there's no barrier on bringing your parents along.
Reply 6
The wardens basically do not give a **** regarding visitors staying overnight, unless they results in complains.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest