The Student Room Group

Best Physics Books

I'm a Year 11 student planning to take A Level Physics next year. I've been looking for some books that will give me a good start into A-Level; what would you suggest? I'd like something a bit more thorough and rigorous than, say, A Brief History of Time so I can get a decent head-start. I suppose I could just read a textbook but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Try Understanding Physics by Jim Breithaupt. It has been very useful to me and I think it's better than most of the other physics text books I have.
Reply 2
Original post by Krollo
I'm a Year 11 student planning to take A Level Physics next year. I've been looking for some books that will give me a good start into A-Level; what would you suggest? I'd like something a bit more thorough and rigorous than, say, A Brief History of Time so I can get a decent head-start. I suppose I could just read a textbook but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Theoretical Minimum by Susskind and Hrabovsky (I think that's his name) is good, far more advanced than A Level Physics (in terms of maths) though.

This is a good book at A Level standard.
Reply 3
Thanks for the suggestions - there's certainly a lot to be going at there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest