How to prevent hair loss? Watch

Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My dad is pretty much bald and so are all of my uncles, I know there's about a 95% chance, I'll be bald too. Is there anything I can do now, aged 18 to prevent hair loss or at least reduce it?
FraggleGriffith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hair loss (hereditary) occurs when eventually the hair becomes thinner and thinner with every cycle it grows out, in the end the hair follicles stop producing hair all together.
Because you are very likely to be predisposed to hair loss genetically, I believe there is not much you can do to prevent this, however you might be able to prolong the life of your hair follicles and therefore your hair, by stimulating your scalp with regular (daily) massage combined with the use of an over the counter hair loss products.
judging
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Coconut oil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ras17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Since your hair loss most likely appears to be genetic, there's not a whole lot you can do about it unfortunately. Your follicles are being affected by DHT (dihydrotestosterone) in your body.

There are two main remedies to combat hair loss: Finasteride and Minoxidil. Although it has the most promising results, taking Fn in tablet form has several adverse effects, including impotency. It's better to be bald than to end up with some of the side effects some people have reported.

Minoxidil is often marketed at Regaine and is one of the only remedies on the market that can help prolong the life of your hair follicles and re-grow hair. The effectiveness of this, like with all remedies, depends largely on the individual person. It's also quite expensive but appears to be the best option short of a hair transplant.

Apparently Alpecin Caffiene shampoo works well but any research involving caffiene and hair growth is negligible at best.

Bald men sensitive about their lack of follicle endowment have been the target of several "cures" that never really work. It's just a for them to exploit you and make a quick buck usually.

To be honest, the best remedy realistically is to just accept your baldness and move on with your life, which is what most end up doing at some time or another.
Elif.L_96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Improving your diet can help a lot with getting your hair to grow and be healthy. Less blow drying and not tying your hair too tight can help prevent hair loss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amandablanks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A good diet plus biotin is good for hair and hair loss.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by judging)
Coconut oil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tried to start a new thread but bloody thing keeps telling me I'm 2 characters short. Which is BS cos I keep adding characters and it's still not having it. Anyway excuse hijacking your post. Feel free to start the post for me.

Hmm here goes...

Embarrassing butt...
Do you have a hairy bum crack? If so do you shave, wax or what? Is there a salon treatment to have the hair there removed or would you be too embarrassed?

Am I going to get a *******ing for this? Probably if you guys tell tales. Please don't.
RehaShaikh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well daily massage your scalps with almond oil(hot) or an oil rich with hibiscus extracts will reduced your hair fall within week or two.
Jmaesparker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Coconut oil, And protein diet is good for hairs.
Jaguar_94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Boil fresh rosemary (and horsetail if you can find some) in water and rinse your hair with it when you're washing your hair it stops the hair loss. Take biotin/ B-vitamins, these nourish you within, esp hair follicles and make them stronger, preventing future loss Massage oils into scalp, e.g rosemary, coconut, jojoba and castor oils, these stimulate hair growth Use a paraben-free, sulfate-free shampoo (I recommend 'sukin protein shampoo') because the harsh chemicals in normal shampoos can be damaging to the hair follicle, causing it to become weaker :/

And finally

Don't stress!

You'll have strong thick hair, like a horse ofc in no time
Nurein
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should take an proper diet, main problem of hair loss may be due to the stress and environment problem also.
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol @ the broscience here. Get on Finateraside and Nizoral.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
My dad is pretty much bald and so are all of my uncles, I know there's about a 95% chance, I'll be bald too. Is there anything I can do now, aged 18 to prevent hair loss or at least reduce it?
Folicle fuel from Jupiter labs takes a few months but it really works
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (23)
15.13%
Yes - a food allergy (14)
9.21%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (4)
2.63%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (6)
3.95%
No (105)
69.08%

Watched Threads