Want more information about this university?

University of Surrey Midwifery Offers!!

Watch
louisechurch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
so I have a conditional offer for the university of surrey!! im so happy ive made it my firm and it was always my first choice. anyone else got an offer?
millywilldo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by louisechurch)
so I have a conditional offer for the university of surrey!! im so happy ive made it my firm and it was always my first choice. anyone else got an offer?
Well done! Still waiting to hear from Surrey but have conditional offers from Kings and Southbank, so pleased with that !
louisechurch
Rep:
?
(Original post by millywilldo)
Well done! Still waiting to hear from Surrey but have conditional offers from Kings and Southbank, so pleased with that !
my best friend is in her last year of nursing at kings, she loves it there. I only didn't apply for it because I didn't want to be central London... bit of a kent bumpkin
louisechurch
Rep:
?
my newest blog post about my journey to university http://someonepassthegasandair.wordpress.com/

just incase anyone is interested
Natasha A*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
See you at surrey uni, I'm studying midwifery too xxx
louisechurch
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Natasha A*;47544302]See you at surrey uni, I'm studying midwifery too xxx[/QUOTE

Yay I'm so excited! I'm going to the open day next month just to show my family the uni and so they can listen to the talks. Will be so strange being around the people just thinking about applying and knowing I already have a place are you applying for accommodation?
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey may i ask you what you guys did BTEC or ALEVELS ?
louisechurch
Rep:
?
(Original post by [email protected])
I did a BTEC natonal diploma in health and social care
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks . I am kinda of stuck i am 18 currently doing as biology but finding it difficult i was thinking about doing a BTEC health and social care level 3 .Do you think it would be worth it or cos i am 18 and just doing BTEC now are my chances are limited ???? thanks
Natasha A*
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
[QUOTE=louisechurch;47721429]
(Original post by Natasha A*)
See you at surrey uni, I'm studying midwifery too xxx[/QUOTE

Yay I'm so excited! I'm going to the open day next month just to show my family the uni and so they can listen to the talks. Will be so strange being around the people just thinking about applying and knowing I already have a place are you applying for accommodation?
Yayy I know!! I'm so ecstatic I have applied for accommodation, I applied for Band D as my first then C, B, E and so on. What about yourself? xxx
Natasha A*
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did 5 A Levels and decided I didn't want to study medicine so completed the Level 3 Extended BTEC to make sure I got placements and understood more about the health and social care setting. I did a placement at Kings shadowing a midwife, nursery and elderly care home xxx
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did 5 A Levels and decided I didn't want to study medicine so completed the Level 3 Extended BTEC to make sure I got placements and understood more about the health and social care setting. I did a placement at Kings shadowing a midwife, nursery and elderly care home xxx
thanks . i am confused i am doing as biology for the second time and i don't think i am going to get the grade i need so i was thinking to withdraw myself and do it next year . i don't think uni will accept me if its my third time retaking cos midwifery is competitive
louisechurch
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Natasha A*;47748144]
(Original post by louisechurch)

Yayy I know!! I'm so ecstatic I have applied for accommodation, I applied for Band D as my first then C, B, E and so on. What about yourself? xxx

I also put D as my first choice and then c and so on. I think id struggle with the shift patterns in a shared bathroom lol. do you know what placement youre hoping for?
louisechurch
Rep:
?
thanks . i am confused i am doing as biology for the second time and i don't think i am going to get the grade i need so i was thinking to withdraw myself and do it next year . i don't think uni will accept me if its my third time retaking cos midwifery is competitive
I think work experience is the main thing they look for (obviously they want you to meet the grades too) I did work experience in a school, a sure start centre, with the british red cross and with an independent midwife which was amazing (she saved a placenta for me to look at!!)
Natasha A*
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd have to agree with Louise here. Your work experience and placement is key for midwifery. You need to have the right skills for a health and social care setting. When I went for an interview at city university of London they went as far to distribute a check list of an ideal midwife. Hope this helps. P.S. Drop the A levels if they're not working and do the BTEC. You may just find coursework is the best option xx

[QUOTE=louisechurch;47763569]

I also put D as my first choice and then c and so on. I think id struggle with the shift patterns in a shared bathroom lol. do you know what placement youre hoping for?
I'm hoping for Royal Surrey as I'm based on campus. What about you? Also when do we apply for placements? I remember at the interview she said she's post us a sheet home with our preferences xx
louisechurch
Rep:
?
I was starting to worry about when we'd get the chance to say our preferences too but I asked on surreys official thread and apparently it won't be until much nearer the time. I'm hoping for Red Hill as its kinda in between where I live now and where I'll be living in September
Katiieecarr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are any of you student midwives now? if so id love to hear about the course! please let me know )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads