am i right in being annoyed with him? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay so we are both on a forum (maybe this one maybe not lol) and a topic about pairing up members as couples came up. Anyway one female member posted saying shes single and he replied with "how you doin" i mean thats harmless and he knows i can see it so whatever. Now the problem is that girl and i dont get along and its pretty obvious that him and i are togetherish although weve never confirmed it. Then he proceeds to flirt with her and she does it back. Am i right in being irked a little? I mean i had the chance to banter too with some guys but i dont because itd be disrespectful.
Jakub_Grabowski
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a guy! and even I think that you have every right to be pissed at him!

If a girl did that to me, I'd be really annoyed too!
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Togerherish?
Jakub_Grabowski
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
<><
Anonymous #1
Together as in weve been together for a year but had a few issues recently that were sorting out/seeing how things go with us.
katiiiiie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd be annoyed too.
melhoneybee17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i'd be annoyed but maybe give him another chance (if this is the first time) before confronting him?
H0ls
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it is on this forum, please quote his post and have some confrontation.

brb getting popcorn.
jimmyclyro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ridiculous. What are you, 12? You say you aren't even officially "together", and all he's doing is talking to someone on a forum, and yeah you're being slightly ridiculous.
Hoodie Allen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Either you're together or you're not. Unless you don't believe in "labels". Y'all gotta claim each other so stupid ish like this won't happen. So if he was to flirt with a girl and you were together for real, you would have the right to cuss him out. So it's either you both say you're together, cause there will be girls out there that don't care if you're "togetherish" smh. Oh if I'm not mistaken is this some online "relationship"? I'd be annoyed, but I don't understand why neither of you, haven't asked each other out? Especially after a year.
donkey23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It sounds a little petty
Aivicore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally I wouldn't be bothered, since it's just an internet forum and probably completely inconsequential joke-flirting. But as you are, I'd suggest you calmly tell him you thought it was a little insensitive/disrespectful?
BANS2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All those that are saying it's "petty" and "ridiculous" would not be happy if there OH we're doing the same exact thing..

It it disrespectful.. ' ask him how he would feel if the roles were reversed .
If he says he wouldn't care, then your relationship isn't serious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Like i said, we were together. Officially together for a year but due to some issues recently we have been taking some time to talk things through slowly. We did make it clear that we still want this to work. And those of you calling it petty, im certain you wouldnt think so if it happened to you or in real life.

Anyway i asked him, he said he didnt think and he apologised as if that was me he knows it would have bothered him. We arent immature or petty people, we like to clear the air asap and talk about things openly.. this particular issue i needed some advice on as things are a little bit different than how they were when we were officially together.

Thanks everyone.
TSRgawdlike
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so we are both on a forum (maybe this one maybe not lol) and a topic about pairing up members as couples came up. Anyway one female member posted saying shes single and he replied with "how you doin" i mean thats harmless and he knows i can see it so whatever. Now the problem is that girl and i dont get along and its pretty obvious that him and i are togetherish although weve never confirmed it. Then he proceeds to flirt with her and she does it back. Am i right in being irked a little? I mean i had the chance to banter too with some guys but i dont because itd be disrespectful.
If you're FB's then he isn't beholden to you.

I'd say he is probably aiming to slam dunk her arse within a month.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (312)
65.96%
No (161)
34.04%

Watched Threads